Bubblegum - An OCD Problem

HOLY FUCKITY FUCK FUCK THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH WWWAAAAAHHH author144

Also, guys, you incredible people did it again! We hit 12K MOTHER FUCKING VOTES! I know these messages get repetitive, and I'm sorry about that, but I just need to thank you guys so being so damn awesome. So this one will be a lot shorter, but seriously, thank you guys so much for voting, commenting, and reading. Every little thing counts, and I love you all so very much <3

CRACK!
Jack flinched as the irritating sound echoed through the classroom, resonating off the walls and bouncing back. It filled his ears, and made him grit his teeth. There was nothing more annoying that the sound of bubblegum being cracked and popped on repeat over and over again. He turned, blue gaze landing on the smirk playing softly on the lips of his adversary. Mark.
Mark was a shorter boy in his grade, but he was all muscle and probably the most popular. Jack had a way with teachers and impressing the adults, but it was not nearly as cool as how popular Mark was with all the students. His bright smile, brown eyes like pools of melted dark chocolate, and the smack of his lips and the signature crack of his gum that sent Jack's OCD reeling and his anger spiking. Mark knew damn well that it irritated the Irishman, and sat but three seats behind him, leaning back in his chair precariously on two legs with his hands behind his head, a smirk wild and open, and the glint in his eyes. Jack turned to meet this smirk, and flipped him the bird as the bell rang to signal that class was over.
Felix, a good friend of Jack's walked by Mark as he leaned back and kicked the chair out from under him. Mark managed to stand in perfect unison, yawning and looking at the chair in boredom before watching Jack and Felix walk out the room swiftly. Both Jack and Felix decided to avoid the whole group that Mark associated himself with, and mostly everyone else. Both of them had an accent that no one took a break from pointing out and teasing them about.
Jack was constantly tormented in high school, and not just for his accent. How skinny he was, his hair, his large eyebrows, and also his intense OCD that made him panic over the smallest abnormal noises that occupied the silence around him usually. The computer teacher kicked him out of class before first quarter even ended due to his constant complaining and panicking about the noise. Yet, as the year went on, he learned that nothing was more annoying than the fucking crack of Mark's infamous loud mouth chewing gum.
"You've really got to learn to ignore that." Felix told Jack for the umpteenth time, to which Jack didn't bother responding. Rather he rolled his eyes, pushing his things into his locker and making sure that everything was as neat as it needed to be. He was indeed a clean freak, which was both a blessing and a curse. Felix found it nice, for he never had to clean his locker out, or the dorm room that they shared for Jack was usually a step ahead of him. However, his constant need for things to be orderly, clean, and silent meant it gave a lot of ammunition to the others who picked on him for it. "Are you staying after today to study?"
"Of course. I'll be back to make dinner around 5." Jack informed Felix, and the pair did a small brofist as Felix called it before parting ways. Jack took a few books and made his way towards the library to study, keeping his head down and gaze on the ground as he passed Mark and his group going the other way. The infamous CRACK! sounded again, and was followed by laughter and whispering. Jack stopped in the middle of the hallway, waiting until the group moved along as he regathered his calm. "I hate you." He muttered under his breath, before shaking his thoughts and moving down the hallway once more.
The library was usually dead silent, as Jack had grown to be good friends with the librarian who had a similar liking to the silence. She made sure that it was extra quiet upon Jack's entering, and made sure that Mark and his group knew that they weren't welcome when they entered; thankfully they were headed into the weight room to work out after school today. Jack sat at a table and began his homework, going through math first and working his way into science and language arts. The silence, although unnerving to some, eased his mind and let him think properly.
A few hours after school had ended, Jack packed up and bid the librarian a good night, to which she nodded. She used to offer Jack a walk to his locker since she realized how often the other students picked on him. He quickly declined this offer after it got worse when she was gone, but she still looked after him every once in awhile. Jack made it to his locker without running into anyone, and sighed as he tried to place his things back into place as neatly as he could manage.
"Oh look, still trying to be neat? Haven't you learned anything?" a voice sounded from Jack's right, and he sighed, hanging his head and staring at his feet, mid-placing his book onto the top shelf. These were upper classmen today, who usually didn't come around but apparently had the inkling to today. The book was knocked from Jack's hand onto the ground, and he clenched his eyes shut as he heard the tearing of paper, and his jaw locked. "What? Can't even look at us?" There were three of them, and Jack would not give them the satisfaction of them watching him break apart in front of them. "Hey, we're talking to you!" One of them reached out, shoving Jack at the shoulder and making him stumble back. Before Jack could say anything, something hit the locker above his head; hard. Jack flinched down, and the trio in front of him stepped back in surprise.
CRACK!
Jack frowned, turning around swiftly to find Mark standing merely inches behind him with his fist above Jack's head and resting on the locker where he had clearly punched it. He was wearing his cheeky smirk that Jack hated, and chewing his gum, and he gave the Irishman a playful wink. Jack was confused now, and watched Mark's facial expression change completely as he looked up at the trio with a glare. His jaw set, and he stopped chewing, giving a menacing step forward. The upper classmen, despite being much older, gave Jack a quick glance of similar confusion before stepping down and turning away, whispering to one another and looking back once or twice. Mark looked at Jack again, giving him another smile which Jack brushed off and he bent to grab his book.
"What, no thank you?" Mark asked, and with another CRACK! of his gum, Jack flinched and shut his eyes, sighing and trying to contain his anger. He stood up, and with a reluctant, forced smile, he shook his head.
"'Fraid not, Mark," he said, ripping his other things that Mark had gathered from his arms and setting them into place in his locker. "Night." Jack turned to head back to the dorm to make dinner for Felix, when a hand suddenly rested on Jack's shoulder. He hated being touched, but kept his calm as he knew Mark didn't understand any of this.
"Hey, talk to me. Why do act all weird? It gets you picked on ya know." Mark said, and Jack narrowed his eyes.
"I fucking noticed." Jack said coldly, and Mark frowned, folding his arms over his chest.
"So why do you keep acting all weird?" CRACK!
"Stop that!" Jack snapped, stepping forward and grabbing Mark's lower jaw, forcing his mouth to remain shut. Their faces were merely inches apart, and Jack focused hard on not blushing as he let out a shaky breath. "Its this thing called OCD, and I hate the stupid fucking noises that you make with your gum. Along with several other noises, so for the love of God, shut the hell up." Jack removed his hand, but Mark didn't step back. Instead, he leaned forward, removing the gum from his mouth slowly and placing it into a nearby trashcan, not breaking eye contact once.
"All you had to do was ask," he said in a smooth voice, similar to butter. "You see I also have a small problem of my own, where everyone likes me but the one person that I wanted to notice me. I knew that he hated my cracking his gum, but if he'd told me that he hated it, I might have stopped." Jack suddenly had the hardest time speaking. He bit his lip, knowing that he was blushing quite hard at Mark's admitting to this. What was he doing trying to get someone's attention like Jack?
"Afraid that all you had to do was ask." Jack told him, and Mark grinned the award winning grin that no longer seemed to irritate Jack. The Irishman glanced at his watch, realizing he was nearly an hour and Felix was probably famished waiting for him. Jack ran a couple of thoughts through his head before sighing. "Mark, do you want to come back to my dorm for dinner?" Mark's face lit up, and he grinned.
"I would love to. Lead the way." Jack grabbed his bag and Mark, after ignoring all his friends who appeared from the gym and asked why he was hanging with Jack, followed him, right by his side.
"Oh, and Mark?"
"Yes?"
"If you ever crack your gum in front of me on purpose again, I will punch you in the fucking mouth."