Noble

author144 DID THE THING. YOU KNOW, THE WRITING THING. THE THING WHERE THE WRITING IS REALLY GOOD AND MAKES YOU FEEL EMOTIONS BUT YOU STILL LOVE IT ANYWAY

And so it continues...

"I am so proud of you guys, I don't even think that you know." Bob said over the phone, and Mark laughed as he refocused on his game. "Like that's a huge step, and you guys didn't even mind taking it, that makes me so happy." Jack grinned, and Mark chuckled more, his face still focused on the game. "Anyway, since everyone saw this coming, I hope you guys have fun at least while Jack is still there."
"Well of course, what could possibly stifle it?" Mark asked, and Bob went quiet for a second.
"Well, I mean there is a large amount of people that won't take kindly to someone being so openly homosexual, and both of you are quite well known and just admitted it. I've no doubts that there will be harsh retaliation." Bob admitted, and Mark paused his game, suddenly looking rather stoic.
"Then we'll take everything in stride. Whether people accept this or not, it doesn't matter. The good outweighs the bad, and I won't let anything bad happen." Mark's voice was low, and serious on a dangerous tone that sent shivers up Jack's spine. Mark shot him a glance, and then rubbed his back. Bob cleared his throat, disgruntled by Mark's sudden change in tone.
"I believe you, just... be careful. Watch out for each other, okay? You'll need one another now more than ever." Bob said, and with that he hung up the phone. Mark sighed, and Jack leaned onto him a small bit, Bob's words echoing around in his brain. Sure, there was a lot of good they'd seen come out of this, and the other side couldn't be that bad, could it? Mark finished off the next level of his game before kissing Jack on the top of his head, and then standing up.
"I'm going to go make some food, I'll get you some, alright?" he asked, but Jack only nodded in response, still lost in thought. Mark kissed him again, this time on the temple. "Don't let what Bob said get to you. We can make it through this, the first part is the hardest." Jack watched Mark walk away, and as soon as he disappeared into the kitchen, Jack pulled out his phone. He decided to check over Tumblr first, and in doing so almost wished that he hadn't.
He had seen most of the fanart going up, all the cutesy drawings and pictures that were incredible and kind. He had seen all the little notes and wishes of good luck and happy endings sent to him, but now he was specifically looking for the darker parts. He wanted to see how bad it was, and it only occurred to him later that it was a bad idea.
"Jack, a homo? Ew, gross, unsubscribed." That one wasn't so bad, he supposed.
"You're a homo? Wow, and I thought you were bad before, this is just terrible. Just stop making videos now, who would watch something of yours now that you're not straight?" Jack winced.
"People like you go to hell, and you deserve it. I hope you die." This one made Jack's stomach curl, and they only seemed to get worse from there. They were awful, all from anonymous users, and they were reminding Jack that being who he was made him an awful human, and that he shouldn't exist anymore. He wondered why it had resorted to this, and couldn't think of a reason, he just kept scrolling and growing more and more upset. Some of them weren't even about their sexualities, but more about Mark.
"Mark chose Jack? Wow, he could do so much better." Jack was suddenly unsure of why he was reading these, and it hit him hard. Maybe, just maybe, he really wasn't good enough for Mark. Seeing how Mark was, and how he treated Jack, it was as if the person sending this message knew that Mark treated the Irishman like a prized possession, while Jack was hardly able to give anything in return. He was always so astonished by how Mark acted, and tried his hardest to get Mark little gifts, and be kind, but Mark was always a step ahead.
Jack felt tears welling in his eyes, and he pondered everything a bit more. It was possible that maybe Mark and him weren't meant to be, and he was just fooling himself by getting lucky enough to keep this man for awhile longer. For all he knew, Mark could already be noticing his incompetence, and was wondering about leaving. Jack felt sick, sicker than he had in a long time, and he wanted to curl up in a ball on his bed, never to move again. He set down his phone, wiping his face as Mark wandered back into the room with a goofy grin on his face.
"Jack, you have to see this," he said, handing the Irishman his phone before returning to get their food from the kitchen. Jack looked at the phone, and what he saw made everything he felt simply vanish.
"I was just waiting for you two kids to get together. Lots of love from the UK! Take care! @markipler @jacksepticeye." It was a tweet that Felix sent out, and a picture was attached. Jack opened it, and it showed Felix and Marzia making a heart with one hand together, and Marzia held up a rainbow colored flag with the other while the Swede took the photo. Jack read through the replies, and found that they were all equally supportive, if not more than Felix in some way. Every mildly unhappy comment was drowned by at least fifty or more positive ones, and Jack felt joy replace his sorrow. Looking for the bad, he knew that he would find it, and he did. Now, as he watched his friends rooting for him from behind the scenes, and the fans supporting more than ever, he felt happy. It would be okay.
"Hey, everything alright? You look like you're about to cry!" Mark exclaimed, sitting down quickly by Jack and leaning in to examine him a bit closer. Jack smiled at the man.
"I'm alright now that you're here," he admitted softly, and Mark chuckled.
"I'll be here as long as you need me."

To be continued...