Puddle Jumper

Okay, three things.
1) This chapter may look a little different with how it's set up cause I kind of screwed up something when saving it here (whoops)
2) Thank you so much for being so amazing and talented! Honestly, it's an honor working with YOU, author144!
3) I apologize for the lack of updates. Things haven't been looking to well for me on the writing side of my life, so I have decided to upload this chapter instead of one of my own. Now that I'm on summer vacation, I hope to get back on our regular writing schedule. Once again, I'm so sorry you guys had to wait for an update. I love you guys!

Mark hung up his phone for the seventh time that afternoon, setting it down and rubbing his hands over his face. He'd been going through so much scheduling with other YouTubers lately, and talking to so many people had drained Mark after
he'd gotten done gaming for the day. Jack and Aaron were both in town, and it seemed as though all this stress had just been laid down on him. On top of all of this, he needed to find new games to play, and it seemed as though nothing was going right today.
Mark's phone rang once more, much to the man's annoyance, and he picked it up angrily without bothering to check who was calling.
"Yes?" he asked, and the man on the other end inhaled sharply, making Mark feel awful at who it was.
"Jeesh, Mark. You sound stressed as hell, buddy. Everything okay?" Jack asked, his Irish accent prominent as ever.
"I just am really stressed out right now. People have been calling left and right, I have no games planned to play, I just need a day to myself to think." Mark said, not really wanting to annoy Jack by ranting to him.
"Oh, I guess I should leave your house then." Jack said, and Mark stiffened.
"What?" the doorbell rang, and Mark went downstairs to his front door, opening it finding the Irishman standing on his porch, phone still at his ear which he promptly hung up, and holding food. He was soaked as it was raining outside, and Mark ushered him inside quickly. "You brought cookies?"
"Well of course." Jack scoffed, and hung his soaked jacket up, turning to the man.
"Jack, how long were you standing out there?"
"Not long, just since I called. It really is coming down, isn't it?" Jack's attention was at the window, and then to the plate of homemade cookies in Mark's hands. "I just made those by the way. I think I sheltered them enough so they're still warm." Mark was still surprised that the man was there, and had been standing outside, but he shook it off and retreated to the kitchen. He returned with two glasses of milk, and sat down with Jack on his couch.
"Jack, you really didn't have to do this." Mark mumbled around a mouthful of cookie as he took a large bite. He stared at the baked good in surprise. "Oh my God this is amazing."
"Thank you." Jack said, blinking as he started on his glass of milk. "Homemade recipe. I thought I'd stop by and give them to you." Mark looked at the Irishman as he dunked his cookie and ate a piece of it. He was still far too soaked to have only been standing outside for a few moments, even though it really was pouring quite heavily.
"Jack, did you walk here from your hotel?" Mark asked, and Jack stiffened. His face turned a couple different shades of red and he smiled sheepishly back at him. "You totally did, didn't you?"
"Alright, alright, ya caught me." Jack said, throwing his hands in the air in mock surrender. "I walked over here, I was too lazy to bother getting a cab."
"Jack, you're soaked and must be freezing." Mark said, frowning with concern and standing to go grab the man something warmer and a blanket. Jack grabbed his sleeve.
"Mark. Seriously, I'm fine. I happen to love the rain, and had no problem in doing this. Besides, you need to learn to relax a little. Don't stress over little things like me." Jack whined, and Mark stared at him until he sighed heavily and plopped back onto the couch. "I can see that you're stressed, what's on your mind, buddy? I don't care if you rant, you just need to let it out."
"Well, it's just that so many people are in town right now like you and Aaron. You guys all want to meet up with Bob and Wade who are coming in tomorrow morning, and Cyndago and I have some projects planned, well had I guess and it's been a pain trying to reschedule and move things around. On top of that, it seems like everyone is trying to call me as many
times as they can in one day, and I've no idea what games to play for the future of the channel. I'm just stressed as hell about everything." Mark let his hands that had been waving for emphasis drop to his sides, and the breath he didn't know he needed to enter his lungs. He glanced at Jack who hadn't said a word but was listening intently in his soaked coat and hat. He nodded, and then stood rather abruptly, leaving half a cookie by his empty milk glass. He offered a hand to Mark, who took it with a confused expression, and headed towards the door.
"Here." Jack threw a coat at Mark, and he quickly put it on as Jack opened the door. The sound of rain slapping
against the ground was more prominent, and Mark looked at the Irishman that had seemingly lost his mind. Before he could say anything, Jack took his hand again and led the way into the rain. Mark barely had time to close the door or hide
his blush before he nearly tripped to keep up.
"Jack?" he asked, but the man did not respond. Instead, he led Mark over to a big puddle and stood him by it. Mark watched as Jack stepped a couple of feet to his left and stopped. "Jack, what are you-?" Mark never finished his sentence because Jack leapt into the air and slammed his feet into the puddle directly in front of him. As if they weren't soaked
enough without having to deal with puddles. "Jack, what the fuck?" Mark demanded, looking at his waist down to find his jeans were wet.
"You really shouldn't stress the little things." Jack said, making a somewhat serious face.
"Jack, what does that have to do with anything-?"
"What are you going to do about it?" Jack cut him off, staring at him with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes and a
defiant grin on his face. Mark gaped at him, and then set his jaw. He took a flying leap next to Jack, making sure to dig his heels into the ground and sent a huge wave of water at the man. Jack stood, watching as the water rained down on him and even splashed at his face. He wiped it from his eyes as Mark tipped his head back and laughed.
Jack suddenly kicked water at him, and Mark quickly began retaliation. The pair jumped, kicked, splashed, shoved, and straight up tackled one another in and around the puddles that gathered in great numbers due to the down pour. Mark hadn't laughed so hard in what felt like weeks, and his stomach and sides were beginning to ache. Their clothes were
completely wet and clung to them heavily, making their movements slower and more weighed. Their bodies were cold and wet to the bone but their spirits were in the clouds and as bright as the sun that failed to make an appearance that day.
Jack splashed once more, and as Mark began to fall with laughter, Jack caught him. He wrapped an arm around Mark's waist and brought him to his feet before blushing and backing away.
"Well, this was fun," he said, his Irish accent as prominent as the rain.
"Yes, indeed it was." Mark agreed, wandering out of the puddle that had become the battleground as Jack did. "Hey, Jack?"
"Yah?"
"Thank you." Mark pulled the Irishman in for a hug, and because they were both wet and cold, it made them feel a lot better. Mark reluctantly pulled away.
"Now, let's get inside. I've got some clothes you can borrow, a whole case of movies to watch, and plenty of blankets to go around!"
"Yay!" Jack said, skipping towards the door as Mark ran after him.
As they set up for their sleepover-movie-party, they changed into sweats and completely shut themselves off from the outside world. In fact, Mark never noticed that he'd missed four phone calls during his outdoor experience, and would miss many more as the night went on with Jack at his side.