Tomorrow is Another Day [pt. 2]

A few of you wanted a second part, and I kind of did too, so here it is! It's very lousy and definitely not my best, but with everything that'd been going on lately, it'll have to do. Sorry! *hands out potatoes* PLEASE, JUST TAKE THESE PEACE OFFERINGS!!

Thankfully, author144 makes up for this terrible chapter with another one of her wonderful chapters! Stay tuned for her next chapter :)

Mark was exhausted. Not the sleepy kind, though. The kind where you are completely lost in reality and your own thoughts, and you have absolutely no idea what to do anymore, so you just sit around and wait for something exciting to happen. Mark knew this feeling like the back of his hand, and he knew that sitting around wouldn't do anything good for him. It wasn't worth the seemingly endless waiting in an uncomfortable position on a chair, the only possible thing to keep him from losing his mind was listening to the deafening silence.

Without a second thought, Mark grabbed his phone and the keys to his house, zipping up his jacket and heading outside. There was a slight breeze, but Mark didn't mind. He didn't bother paying attention to the gray clouds that crowded the sky, indicating that it may rain soon. All he needed was one quick walk to clear his mind of everything going on.

He walked aimlessly, not looking ahead of himself, and not looking behind, either. If he watched where he was going, though, he wouldn't have made the mistake of accidentally bumping into someone who was walking on the wrong side of the road. Or maybe Mark was the one to walk on the wrong side. Either way, they still bumped into each other, and today was not one of those days where Mark could tolerate it.

"Watch where you're going." he said, no hint of emotion in his voice. He didn't mean to sound so cold, but with the situation he was in, he couldn't help it.

"My ma said that my father didn't approve of me. That's why we had that 'surprise family dinner.'" Mark looked up and met a pair of familiar blue eyes, recognizing them as Jack's baby blues almost immediately.

He could kiss him, start up a conversation, or just stand there in utter silence. Instead, Mark lunged forward, hugging Jack and squeezing him tightly. Before Mark could say something, Jack spoke again.

"Ma is fine with it, but Dad... Dad's a whole different story. He took away my damn phone and treated me like I'm a fuckin' child. God, Mark, I'm so sorry!"

"I-I checked your house, but you weren't there-?"

"Parent's house. They didn't want me t' leave until we sorted this out," Jack was quick to take note of the tears swelling in Mark's eyes, "I didn't mean t' ignore you, Mark. I was afraid, and I just wanted to see you again. My only choices were to stand up to him and lose the chance of seeing you again, or waiting it out and hoping that I'll see you soon."

"What choice did you go with?"

"The choice where I found where he had kept my phone-he'd been looking through it, that bastard-and ran away with it. I think Ma had seen me, it if she did, she did nothing to stop me."

They were hugging once again, Mark melting into Jack's embrace. He's glad Jack was alright, for he wouldn't have been able to live with himself if Jack was badly hurt. He seemed to be fine, though, which was all Mark could wish for.

"I, uh, I'm sorry for bothering you all the time about going on our second date. I just really liked the first one and I really liked being with you, and I just like you in general-"

"I'm free tonight." Jack interrupted Mark, chuckling at the slight blush that appeared on Mark's cheeks when he realized that he was rambling.

"A-Are you sure? I mean, with your parents, are you sure now's a good time?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I'll go back home and talk to my parents and hope for the best. If you don't see or hear from me after tonight, you'll know what happened." he laughed. Mark chuckled, but was unable to find the humor in what Jack had said. He wanted to protest, but had ended up continuing the topic of their date, despite how afraid Mark was of Jack's father doing anything bad.

"So, tonight?"

"Tonight. It's a date." Jack's cheerful smile was just enough to make Mark hug him again. Mark looked at Jack when they separated, loving every single thing that he could see.

"Walk with me." Mark said, holding out his hand. Jack gladly took it, and they started walking. They didn't know where they were going, but that didn't matter to them. What mattered to them was that they were happy and together, and they could finally go on the glorious second date that they've been waiting for.

***

Mark had driven Jack to the restaurant they went to, but at Jack's command, he had reluctantly dropped him off at his parents house.

"Jack, please, just give your parents some time to think about this-"

"I'll be fine, Mark! I'm a boss! Ma will side with me anyway, so I'm sure she'll get my father to realize that being gay is okay."

Mark pursed his lips before letting Jack go, "Alright, Jack. Goodbye!"

"Bye! Wish me luck!" Jack chuckled, the two waving goodbye to each other. Jack closed the door and headed inside his parents home, Mark slowly driving back to his home. During the car ride back, Mark made Jack promise to call him after he had talked to his parents about everything. Now all he had to do was wait.

About two hours later, Mark had gotten a call from Jack.

"How'd it go?" Mark asked eager to hear Jack's response.

"We, uh, we did get into a small fight, but Ma had agreed to teaching my father to stop being such a dick. Dad didn't really agree to it himself, but at least he let me go!"

Mark sighed in relief, "Hopefully he'll come to his senses soon, right?"

"Yeah," Jack laughed, "Tomorrow is another day for the two of us, Mark!"

Mark smiled, something he seemed to do mostly around Jack. He was happy to see that everything had worked out for the two of them.

"Yeah, Jack. Tomorrow is another day."