Supportive

AHHH THIS IS THE REASON WHY MARK WOULD BE THE BEST BOYFRIEND EVER (at least I
in fan fiction) author144

And so it continues...

"You'll have to tell him." Daniel's voice echoed in Jack's ears, and the Irishman looked up briefly only to continue staring at his hands. He sat in the living room, sitting at the coffee table and remembering what he had been told not too long ago by his mother. His time with Mark was coming to an abrupt close, and it sickened him, made him upset.
Daniel had been right, thought. It wasn't fair to Mark to hide this information until the last moments that they shared together. Although Jack would rather avoid hurting the man at all costs, he knew what would happen if he was to sneak away instead. That would hurt him twice as much, and it wasn't worth it. Instead, Jack stared at this thumbs as they moved around one another in a circle; he was restless. This was going to hurt Mark.
Mark appeared from his room, making his way down into the living room to give Jack a surprised glance. Normally, Mark was awake before the Irishman and got him coffee and then got himself some. Seeing that Jack was awake first must have surprised him, especially when Jack was sitting on the ground and staring intently at a table of all things. Mark walked over, resting a hand on Jack's shoulder, but this only made the Irishman flinch.
"Get some coffee, you'll need it." Jack told him bluntly, and Mark frowned in confusion but didn't question it. Jack had bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. He didn't want to sleep, it meant being closer to leaving Mark, and he wasted the hours lying awake, debating sneaking into Mark's room to crawl into bed with him. Time was running out, he knew that, but it wasn't worth wasting either. Mark settled himself next to Jack at the table, waiting patiently for the Irishman to start talking; Jack sighed.
"You know, if you need time to think-." Mark began, but Jack quickly shook his head.
"Mark, I've been thinking this over all night, exactly how to say it, everything. Just, give me a second." Jack was trying his best to keep a level voice, and swallowed roughly. Why was it so hard to breathe all of a sudden?
"The way you're speaking makes it sound like you're about to break up with me." Mark chuckled darkly; nervously. Jack shook his head, and didn't miss the sigh of relief that Mark exhaled quickly at this. If Jack had been any more cowardly, he might have considered ending the relationship to keep Mark happy, but he was determined to do what he could to stay by Mark for as long as he could.
"Mark, I'm going home." Jack finally said the words, letting them leave his lips on a small breath, one that was caught in his chest and built up until he couldn't help but release it. Mark stiffened greatly, his head whipping around to face Jack who flinched at his movements. "Things have cleared up, all my proper equipment is home, my brothers want to apologize, it's just easier if I head back that way." Mark sat in a dumbfounded silence for a few moments before snapping back to reality.
"How do you know all of this?" he asked, and Jack took a swig of his coffee.
"My ma called me the other day, informing me that it was time to come home and making it very clear that it was time." Jack explained, shuddering and shaking his head. This was the last thing that he wanted to tell Mark, and for a good reason as well. Mark's jaw locked, and he stared into his mug for a few seconds, fingers gripping hard enough to turn white.
"When are you leaving?"
"The day after tomorrow." Mark's hands nearly shattered the cup held between them until Jack's fingers worked their way between his and the mug. Jack rubbed feeling back into Mark's numb fingers, and Mark only shuddered, angry, upset, not ready to deal with this. He was tired, and the last thing he wanted to hear was that Jack was leaving.
Suddenly, Mark stood abruptly and stormed away, towards the bedroom that was his. Jack only watched him go, and he slammed the door shut behind him. Part of Jack figured that he would be angry, and another part was hopeful that he would see sense, but now he stared at Mark's cup, wondering if he had made the right choice in telling Mark after all. When he thought about it, sneaking out or telling Mark last minute would hurt him worse than anything would now.
Jack didn't want to leave. He was just getting used to waking up every morning to coffee, seeing Mark's smile as soon as he left his room. They would record, and then they would go out and do something together with their spare time. Jack wanted this, he wanted this kind of comfort and stability in their relationship, and going to Ireland meant breaking all their physical ties.
Jack flinched as Mark appeared at his side again, now fully clothed and not wearing his pajamas. He stood the Irishman up, and before Jack could even asked questions, Mark kissed him full on the mouth. He pulled away far too quickly for what Jack wanted, but he had more to say before Jack could even draw in a breath.
"I understand, your family needs you, and their important. It will bother you until you return home to see them, so I'll have to accept the fact that I won't get to see you all the time." Mark said, trying to keep his wavering voice steady. Jack stepped a bit closer, resting his arms comfortably on Mark's shoulders. "But goddammit until you leave you and I are going to go on as many dates as I can cram in these next two days." Jack's chest swelled; he wasn't mad after all.
"Thank you, Mark." Jack said, bowing his head and bit and feeling relief swarm him. Mark could have gotten understandably angry, and Jack wouldn't say anything about it. It was understandable, but he seemed to have underestimated just how humble and understanding Mark was, and now he would make sure Jack had a good time the last couple days he would spend in America.
"Well, c'mon then! The clock is ticking!" Mark announced, shoving Jack towards his room to get dressed. Jack grinned to himself as he picked out an outfit to wear for the day, and chuckled to himself, wondering how he had ended up so lucky.

To be continued...