Meant to Be

Everyone knew the eye color of their soulmate, specifically because their left eye was their eye color. Heterochromia was something everyone had, unless you didn't have a soulmate.

It's not as hard to find your soulmate as you think it would be. Nobody has the same exact eye color; there are different shades of brown, green, blue, and any other eye color. Every eye is unique.

Poor Mark was 25 and living without a soulmate. His friends found their soulmates when they were in middle school, his brother in highschool, and his parents found each other in 1st grade. It was frustrating to walk around without anyone else to stand by his side. He felt so empty, like his other eye color had no meaning.

It's so weird how your whole life can change in a Game Stop.

Mark felt like playing a game on his own on his PS4, and he didn't feel like ordering online. So there he was, standing in a Game Stop with only four other people in the store. He looked at the shelves, seeing multiple games that he already played.

"Can't find anything? Yeah, neither can I." Someone with an Irish accent suddenly said. Mark turned to see a guy with a cap and blue sweatshirt on.

"Oh, yeah," Mark replied, avoiding eye contact with this guy. "I already played most of these games."

"Same, dude!" This guy is the king of happiness. Mark thought, noticing his excitement in everything. It was hard to miss, actually.

Mark looked up, staring the guy in his eyes. The two colors he saw shocked him. His left eye was the exact color as Mark's right eye, and same goes for his left and Mark's right. Certain shades of brown and blue. "No fucking way..." Mark always found himself attracted to girls. He's been in relationships before, but with girls. There's no way this guy could possibly be his soulmate.

"Holy shit. Uh, dude, the fuck?"

"This has to be messed up, right? Maybe someone else out there has the exact same shades of brown and blue?"

The guy at the counter overheard them freaking out. "Believe me, everyone else has different shades. I met this hot chick who came so close to my shade, but she wasn't the one. Not at all."

"Fuck."

Neither of them ever questioned their sexuality. Mark never thought a guy was hot, and Jack just loved cake and nothing else.

"Okay, well shit. My name is Mark, I think." Mark held out his hand for his soulmate to shake.

"I'm Sean, but call me Jack. And if you couldn't tell already, I'm Irish."

Mark turned back to the shelves and grabbed the first co-op game he could find. He showed it to Jack and said, "Want to play?"

"Onward!" Jack yelled, marching out the door. Mark paid for the game and they both headed back to his place in separate cars. When they got there, they discussed interests. They had mostly everything in common, which made it easy for them to talk to each other.

They didn't even start playing the game when they started kissing each other. They were soulmates, so they might as well start doing all the "lovey-dovey" stuff.

"You know, for an Irish man, you're not that bad."

"You know, for an American man, you're not that bad yourself."

"Actually, I'm half Korean." Mark said, laughing. He was so happy to have found his soulmate, even if it wasn't who he thought it would be. Jack wished his soulmate would be a slice of cake with eyes, but he's just as happy now that he has found Mark.

"Just kiss me, you ass!" And just like that, they fell in love.