Quixotic

AHHH YOU ARE A TERRIFIC PERSON WITH TERRIFIC WRITING SKILLS AND I FUCKING ADORE YOU author144

And so it continues...

It was all too perfect.
Jack knew that from the moment that he had woken up that morning, finding a nice cup of coffee sitting on his desk. There was breakfast by the side, there was sun shining through his window, and the air felt warm and ready to be embraced. No doubt Mark had something planned for today, but Jack knew that something was going to happen. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but something was going to screw everything up today. It had to.
Yet, even so, nothing seemed to hit him immediately. He drank his coffee, and he recorded his videos for the day. The guys from Cyndago came down and over, and they visited with Mark for awhile. Jack got to know them, and they all decided to go out and eat lunch together. It was such a nice day, and they went to get sub sandwiches in the city, together and Jack and Mark openly holding hands and embracing the other.
"What do you think, what should we do today, guys?" Mark asked, looking around. Ryan and Daniel exchanged a glance and a shrug before thoughtfully returning to eating. Mark took a bite as well, and silence enveloped the table as they thought over what they should do. Jack said nothing, still unable to rid the terrible feeling in his stomach that didn't quit urging him to be sick.
"How about the beach?" Ryan asked, and Mark nodded, looking impressed by the idea, but Daniel interrupted them.
"That might be a good idea for later, I mean. Its so nice out, I think everyone will want to be going to the beach, don't you?" he asked, and Ryan and Mark nodded in unison as once more everyone collectively ate.
"Alright, then we'll save that idea for later." Mark decided, and then turned to the Irishman. "You okay, babe? You've been kinda quiet today, something on your mind?" The fact that Mark had used the pet name 'babe' caught Jack's attention, and he giggled at this, rolling his eyes and smacking Mark lightly on the arm.
"I don't have a single clue of what we could do." Jack admitted, looking down at his food. "The beach is a good idea for later, though. We should do that in the evening when there's less people. For the rest of the afternoon, I'm not sure. What would be nice on a day like this?"
"Surfing!" Ryan exclaimed, snapping his fingers and pointing them at the pair. Mark and Jack looked at him, alongside Daniel and Ryan looked taken aback. "What?"
"That's still at the beach, you dumbass." Daniel informed him, smacking him lightly on the back of the head and making the pair laugh at their gimmicks. Daniel shook his head, shooting Ryan a disappointed look and returning to eating as Mark tried to choke down his own laughter. Jack focused on eating, simply trying to get food down and keep it there.
"How about we just go get some ice cream and wander around some shops for awhile?" Mark suggested lightly, taking a sip of his drink. "Then we can go to the beach and hang out for a little while later tonight. Watch the sunset, it'll be romantic and stuff." Mark said this while nudging Jack, giving him a wink and making the Irishman blush immensely.
"Sounds good to me." Ryan shrugged, taking a bite of his sandwich. "As long as you two aren't going to be super couple-y," he added quickly, to which Mark responded by kissing Jack on the cheek.
"Oh trust me, we're going to be super couple-y." Jack blushed even harder, making Mark laugh and the pair across from them join in. Jack tried his best to push down his gut feeling of discomfort, and paid for a portion of the meal as his friends did, and Mark led the way to the car.
They stopped and got ice cream first, as Mark had requested and they ate that while sitting on a bench in the sun, cracking jokes and making puns about the heat and whether or not it was truly because of Mark's looks. Ryan made sure that Jack got no input on the conversation, and hid his eyes behind his hands like a small child when the pair kissed, making Jack laugh hard enough to forget how he had felt upon waking this morning.
As the afternoon dragged along, they found themselves in different department stores, looking through clothes and trying different things on. Needless to say, Ryan and Mark had a fashion contest, and Mark looked the best in a dress. They got themselves kicked out of a Victoria's Secret after a few minutes of being in there, and they laughed it off as they went from store to store, mall to mall. Daniel and Jack had a contest in a shoe store to see who looked the best in heels, and Jack had ultimately won, due to his weird ability to run in them after Mark who took a photo of the Irishman. Several hours into walking and trying on clothes, taking pictures and laughing hard enough to make Jack's cheeks ache and his stomach only hurt from the muscles contracting, they finally decided to hit the beach.
"This is nice, isn't it?" Mark asked softly to Jack, looking over at the man. Jack looked at him as well, and smiled. The orange rays of the fading sun reflected off his darker hair, lit up his gaze and made him seem immaculate above all else. In that moment, everything was perfect. Jack leaned in, planting a kiss on the man's lips as the screaming of Ryan and Daniel throwing each other into the ocean echoed in their background. Luckily, the said screams faded into nothing until the pair returned, absolutely soaked.
"I thought you said you wouldn't be super couple-y." Ryan groaned, and Daniel only shot the pair a thumbs up behind the man's back. Jack laughed as Mark sat up, rolling his eyes.
"You must have heard me wrong, I said the exact opposite of that." Mark informed him, and Jack grinned as their argument broke out. His phone suddenly started going off in his pocket, and he pulled it out. It was his mother, and he made a quick gesture to Daniel, who waved him away, promising to cover for him. Jack gave a nod in thanks, and stood, walking swiftly away from his shouting boyfriend. He answered the call, clearing his throat.
"Hey, ma," he said, but that was all he got out as his mother let out an excited squeal, catching Jack completely off guard. "Are you alright?" he demanded, but his mother cut him off once more.
"Of course I am, honey. You mustn't have heard the news, your brothers are done arguing and everything's cleared up now! You can finally come home!"
Once more, Jack felt the sinking feeling in his stomach.

To be continued...