Money + Missing You

Hey, everyone! This chapter actually contains two one-shots, which are both written by the wonderful @gamers-! She's such a kind person and I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I do :)

Also, from this point on, updates will be very scattered, and the chances of keeping an updating schedule are very rare. author144 has started school, and I'll be started this upcoming Monday. We will no longer have as much time to write, but I promise we'll try to get chapters up as much as we can!!

Money

How do soulmates work?

Well, sometimes soulmates find each other, get married, and live a happy life. Other times, it can be your soulmate's soulmate is not really you.

Even more tragically, your soulmate was your soulmate, but never realized it. Not until it was too late.

Two guys by the name of Mark and Jack, lived in a comfy apartment in LA. They were happy, they had a adopted kid, Nat, and everything was going fine. Great, even.

Both Mark and Jack were gamers, which meant a work at home job, almost. They still had to fly out for conventions-hardly though they noticed it.

Everything seemed perfect in their small little bubble. Good family, supporting fans, a great career, nothing was out of place.

However, Mark always seemed to end in the hospital. Every month, sometimes even every week. His fans got worried, and the doctor always told them it was food poisoning.

They blamed it on the food. It was too hot out, and it turned bad, or it was undercooked, or the stomach simply didn't like it.

Everyone but Jack blamed it on the food. He did as well, he had to, but in the end he was the one killing his own husband.

It was for the money. Mark's will was that all he had owned was to be given to Jack, if something happened. By eighteen Jack would have to give half to Nat, a sixteen year old girl who loved her parents dearly. But half was more than enough, if a half meant five million dollars.

Every few times he put bits of poison on Mark's food, and faked his reactions. Poor Mark and everyone didn't notice it, since apparently Jack was great at acting and swallowed down the guilt eating him alive. Jack didn't really love Mark, he appreciated him, he was in awe how someone could be so in-love (it proved love was real, Jack noticed) but he just didn't love him.

Until one time, he had Mark admitted in the hospital again, worse than the rest. He looked pale as ever, hardly could he breathe, and his family and fans were saying their goodbyes.