Concern

AHH THIS IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING! I HOPE YOU GUYS LOVE THIS CONTINUATION OF "BENEVOLENCE" BY author144 AS MUCH AS I DO!!

Also, I apologize in advance if any chapters happen to be late or missing for the next week. I'm going on vacation for the week, so I may not get the chance to upload anything, especially if I can't get WiFi from the hotel I'm staying at. Things will most likely go off schedule for uploading, which is going to be a little confusing afterwards. I really hope everything will work out, though!

Jack had been more than grateful. After about a week and a half of staying at Mark's place, he found himself getting into the swing of things. Mark was very particular about his schedule, and made sure that Jack was well cared for and doing good before he left. Despite his kindness, Jack kept at a bit of a distance, even when Bob came over to visit for a couple days. He wasn't quite ready to accept that he was stuck here until things with his family died down, and he wasn't sure how to feel about the current situation. He felt like he should be doing more, but wasn't sure what.
This only made Mark worry.
"Mark, simply sitting there and staring at him as he mopes around won't help him." Bob stated as Mark's gaze followed the Irishman, who disappeared up the stairs into his room with yet another cup of tea.
"What am I supposed to do?" Mark asked, his gaze not moving from the last place that Jack was visible. Bob simply chuckled, and Mark looked at him at this. "What?"
"You're completely clueless?" Bob frowned in confusion now, pointing up towards Jack's room. Mark looked up at the room, and back at Bob, pulling a concerned face as Bob shook his head. "You'll sort your feelings eventually," he muttered under his breath, and Mark barely caught it. "Anyway, you need to do something for him. Remind him that you care, and that he doesn't have to shy his emotions from you because you want to help, don't you?"
"Of course I do-."
"Then help him." Bob said, dragging out the word. Mark straightened a little at this, turning and looking back at Jack's room. He still didn't move, and Bob sighed, fixing his glasses in place and standing. "I have to go home now, but if you don't talk to him by tomorrow I will come back and do it myself." Mark stood too, giving the man a hug before he left, and sitting back on the couch, lost in thought. Bob had never been the kind of person to make threats idly, and so Mark knew that it was time to go address his problems. He stumbled up the stairs, knocking gently on Jack's door. He opened it, and found Jack sitting at his desk, head down on his arms and muffled sobs emerged from his position. Jack lifted his head at Mark's presence, eyes puffy and reddened. Mark fell apart inside, and he swiftly walked over.
"Mark-?" Jack began, but was swept into Mark's arms as he embraced the Irishman, holding him tightly. "Mark, are you alright?" Jack asked, almost immediately forgetting his own pain. "Mark?" but Mark did not respond. Rather he simply stood there, hugging as though he was afraid that Jack would disappear. After a while Jack stopped trying to ask what was bothering him, and accepted the embrace.
"Jack, you can talk to me about anything. Don't be afraid, okay? Because you locking yourself up here scares me. I know you need time, this is devastating, but I need you here with me, because I worry about you." Mark said all at once, mumbling it into Jack's shoulder. Jack blinked, instantly feeling bad that he had kept Mark at such a distance.
"I'm sorry, Mark-." Jack tried again, but Mark cut him off.
"No, don't be sorry. I just worry about you." Mark rested his chin on top of Jack's head as the Irishman leaned against his chest.
Neither of them were sure how long they stood there, or why the other one refused to move. All that was completely set in stone was that they would be fine. Jack silently vowed not to hide anymore, and that Mark was deserving of his time. He'd offered up his place for Jack to stay, and he'd hid in his room because he was afraid of everything looming outside it. All along the only looming thing had been Mark trying to help, and here he'd pushed him away. It was time to let go.
"Should we go play something?" Jack asked, pulling back from Mark and looking at him, brown eyes mingling with blue.
"What did you have in mind?" Mark asked with a grin, and Jack gave a small smile.
"I dunno, do you still have any of that hot sauce left?" Mark laughed rather loudly at this, tipping his head back and shaking his head.
"You want to do a hot sauce challenge together?"
"Hell yeah! I think the internet would approve of it." Jack said as Mark led the way out of the room. Jack left his hot cup of tea next to the photo of his family, a small reminder that he would be okay where he was for now. He didn't need to be so upset anymore.
He had Mark after all.