Tomorrow is Another Day

This chapter isn't associated with FNAF in anyway, despite the chapter title being a quote from the 4th game. Also, I apologize if it's quite sloppy, but I'm actually really tired and I just wanted to get something up for you guys. I miss writing, and I'm so glad you are all so patient and kind. Love ya <33

It struck Mark like a lightning bolt. The sudden urge to ask Jack out on a second date was pulsing through his veins, and he knew he couldn't survive much longer without asking.

He fell off his couch and rolled on the floor, grabbing the phone off his coffee table. He immediately dialed Jack's number, smiling as the Irishman picked up.

"Hi, Mark!" Jack's cheerful greeting was enough to make Mark's day.

"Hey, Jack! We should go on another date!"

"What, already? Are you sure?"

"Hell yeah! We can go tonight, if you'd like, because I'd like to see that sexy ass of yours again."

Jack laughed, "You wish! My ass is too good for you! Tonight is a bad night anyway, cause I'm s'posed to go to the movies with a friend. But tomorrow is another day!"

A small frown replaced Mark's giant smile, but Mark held his head high as he was turned down. Besides, they'll probably just go on their second date the next day.

"That's alright. I'll call you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay. See ya, Mark!"

"Bye, Jack." Mark sighed, ending the call. Tomorrow is another day.

***

Mark had woken up unusually early, getting only five hours of sleep. He spent about half an hour trying to fall back asleep, but when realizing that it was no use, he decided to go on his phone.

One minute he was on tumblr, and the next he was calling Jack. Much to his surprise, Jack picked up, but he did not sound very happy.

"Wha'ja wake me up for?" Jack said with a slight snarl.

"You up for a date tonight, Jack?"

"Dammit, Mark," Jack yawned, "I can't. Gotta party t' go to. I'd invite ya, bu' I'm not allowed t' bring guests."

"Ah, I'm sorry. I'll let you sleep then, Jack."

"Tomorrow... Tomorrow is another day." Without replying, Mark hung up, feeling guilty to have woken up Jack so early. It was easy to tell that he was not in the mood to talk, so he buried his face in his pillow out of shame. Mark was excited for their second date, seeing as how wonderful their first date was, but he feared that he may never go on it.

***

Mark decided to be polite and wait until the afternoon to call Jack again, but Jack still wasn't in the mood to talk.

"What the hell do you want, Mark?" Jack quietly hissed, making Mark wince.

"I'm assuming you can't go on a date tonight, can you?"

Jack sighed, "No, Mark, I can't. Surprise dinner with the family. I'm so fucking sorry I keep turning you down, Mark. I really am."

"Tomorrow is another day, right?"

"Of course. I gotta go, Mark. Bye!"

"Goodbye."

Mark fell on his bed and threw his phone beside him, burying his head in his hands. He felt stupid for asking Jack out so many times, wondering why the hell he expected Jack to finally say yes. Jack was a God compared to Mark, anyway, so why would somebody like him date someone like Mark?

Jack was everything Mark had ever wished for, minus the extreme happiness and loud voice. Mark almost found Jack as his 'perfect boyfriend,' and he wished he would actually get the chance to make Jack his official boyfriend. They could move in together, get married, adopt some kids, maybe some dogs. In the end, Mark only wishes to wake up to the sight of Jack's adorable sleeping face. He wants to see Jack's baby blue eyes everyday of his life.

He needs Jack, but he just needs to be patient. He only had to wait for tomorrow.

***

Mark was a little worried when Jack never answered the phone, but he only brushed it off and co vinced himself that Jack was busy. Jack had been busy the past few days, so it would make sense if he was in the middle of doing something.

He did find it strange, however, because Jack always had his phone on him. He must be doing something really important if he won't pick up, Mark thought. Tomorrow is another day.

Mark snickered at his own thought, realizing how many times that phrase had been repeated. He won't mind repeating it until they go on that second date, though.

***

Jack still never picked up the phone the next day, so Mark decided to just go to his house. He had definitely started to worry a lot more when Jack never answered the door, hoping that Jack will get back to him soon.

The safest decision would to just conclude that Jack is busy and away from home, possibly for work.

Speaking of work, that reminded Mark of how they never talked about each other's jobs before. Mark was an engineer, but he's always been fascinated with the YouTube career. He hoped that Jack was a YouTuber, just so he could feel honored to know such a great person.

"Tomorrow is another day." Mark said to himself as he entered his car. He drove home repeating that phrase in his head over and over again, praying that Jack will get back to him soon.

*** (T/W: Suicidal thoughts coming up...)

Mark had given up on contacting Jack a week later. Jack had never answered any calls or texts, and Mark so wondered if something happened, or if Jack was just ignoring him.

He probably found someone less annoying, he thought, and someone better than me. I'm such a mess...

Mark, despite knowing Jack for a short period of time, felt a strong connection towards Jack. He looked at him as if he would be the shoulder Mark could always lean on, and just a person to keep him sane.

Sadly, Mark had many failed attempts of dating in the past, and this made it a lot worse. The things everyone has said to him in the past and the things he has said to himself that made him feel like shit swarmed his mind.

He stared at his reflection in the mirror, taking note of how horrible he looked. He opened up the cabinet and pulled out a bottle of sleeping pills, studying it carefully.

He took a moment, thinking of everything in the past. All the good times and all the bad; they collided and turned into a mash of memories that would soon be forgotten if he waited long enough.

"Jack." he whispered outloud, shutting his eyes and putting the bottle back where it belongs. He opened his eyes and left the bathroom, taking a deep breath.

"Tomorrow is another day."