Fretful

THIS SERIOUSLY JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER OMG. BLESS YOU FOR BEING SO AMAZING AND TALENTED author144 <3

And so it continues...

Jack eyes were half opened when he awoke, staring up at the ceiling. He didn't move for awhile, for he felt as though doing so would make something hurt. Was he sore? No, that couldn't be it, he hadn't moved in quite some time. As he sat up, his head seemed to explode and he froze, bringing a hand to his forehead, and wishing it gone. He had a headache, he had gotten drunk last night. As he sat on his bed, he tried to replay last night's events in his head. Why couldn't he remember? He must have had a lot more cinnamon whiskey than he could handle.
His eyes fluttered over to Mark's computer where a video was opened, ready for editing that hadn't been touched. Mark must have disappeared to go get coffee downstairs, and Jack leaned over, looking at the screen. He found it was the one they recorded last night; maybe it had some clues that could help Jack. He sat down, a blanket wrapped around his shoulders as he stared at the screen, watching. It was all pretty normal, and he took a count of the 6 shots that they took. Mark's face scrunched up against the alcohol made Jack laugh, and he continued watching. Once the part came where Mark had 'won' the contest via cheating, things took a different turn. Jack couldn't believe his eyes, he had been all over the other man.
Jack felt the coldness that was dread coil in his stomach, and he swallowed roughly, standing and leaving the computer alone. Mark would have to edit this, he would see this if he didn't already remember what happened himself. What was Mark going to think about this, was he going to be angry?
"You stupid." Jack muttered to himself. "He kissed you first, right? .... I guess that doesn't mean that he wanted it in return, we were probably just both drunk, right?" Jack sat on the edge of the bed, trying to recollect his thoughts. Part of him wanted to remember what Mark's hands must have felt like, running through his hair and tugging at his shirt. He wanted to remember if the man's lips had been warm, or cold, or whether or not he did taste like the whiskey they had taken so many shots of. He wanted to know what would have happened had Mark not been recording, had Mark not stopped them.
"I love you, Mark." Jack heard his own voice emit from the computer, and he looked up to see that he left the video playing. He had said those words, spoken them aloud to Mark.
"I love you too. Because I love you, I'm not going to let you do this while you're drunk." That was Mark, and Jack felt his jaw drop. Mark said it back.
MARK SAID IT BACK.
Jack wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol, or if those words had meant something to him. He should go found out, and with the sound of shouting downstairs, Jack knew where to find Mark. He wandered down the stairs, still trying to figure out what that kiss meant to him as well, and found Mark leaning over the counters, phone at his side and a call just being hung up from Bob.
"Oh, Jack. I didn't see you there." Mark noted when he stood, and Jack swallowed, nodding. "You want some coffee or something?" Jack only shook his head, shuffling forward with his blanket.
"Mark, I think we should talk." Jack watched as Mark's face completely drained of color, and he swallowed roughly. "About last night, and everything that happened. I, uh-."
"Nothing happened as far as anything." Mark waved his words away, and Jack's heart sank. "We can't talk about it, alright? Its bad enough, things like this should just be forgotten."
"Mark, everything that happened-." Jack tried again, going to finish the sentence with, 'meant something to me.' but Mark cut him off once more.
"Jack, nothing happened. We were drunk off our asses, it was an accident. I'm sorry that it happened, and I promise that it won't again. Bob already chewed me out for it, so please just save it." Mark sounded angry, or maybe just confused. Jack frowned, already upset himself and tried once more.
"Mark, hear me out. Last night wasn't bad. It was rather-."
"Jack, please!" Mark snapped, slamming his palms on the counter, facing away from him. He was hungover, tired, maybe even a bit drunk still. He was frustrated, and confused, but he was also scaring and hurting Jack in unison. "Again, I'm sorry it happened. It was an accident, we were drunk, it meant nothing." That's when Jack's heart went through the floor. He realized that the kiss had meant something to him, something that he was hoping to start off of. Mark's hospitality and benevolence this whole time throughout his family situation had sparked something in Jack, and thanks to last night and the video that was recorded, it was a little hard to deny that. Jack had wanted it to mean something, but to Mark this meant nothing.
"Oh." was all that Jack could manage, trying his hardest to fight back the tears welling up in his eyes. However, despite his efforts he couldn't, and sniffed in attempt to keep it together. Mark looked back at him, and then did a double take.
"Jack are you-?" he began, and his face softened as he realized. "That meant something to you, didn't it?" his voice was quiet, almost inaudible. At this point Jack only sob and walk away, heading upstairs to his own room to change. He pulled on a jacket, his little hat that everyone had come to love, and a pair of shoes. Despite the rain that still thundered down outside, Jack left without another word, leaving Mark in the kitchen.
He thought he heard glass shatter as he left, but didn't turn, not even once.

To be continued...