Behind the Scenes

OKAY WHAT EVEN
I JUST REALIZED THAT THE LAST CHAPTER WAS ACTUALLY OUR 50TH ONESHOT.
WOW HOLY SHIT THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A LONG TIME (but I'm glad it has been ;D)

Mark was always terrified whenever he came across Tumblr posts of theories that Mark was in a relationship with someone. His fans would have many 'headcanons' of his sexuality, and in a way, it sometimes terrified him. Not because it was a little strange, but they usually guessed it right most of the time.

He adored how dedicated his fans were, and he didn't mind seeing their theories and headcanons at all. In fact, he sometimes encouraged fans to go wild. Staring at fan art, and reading the occasional fan fiction, always managed to bring a smile to his face. His only fear would be that they would discover more about his personal life when the camera was turned off. He feared for his own privacy, but he mostly feared for the life of his loved one.

One year into his YouTube career on his main channel, he had met a man named Jack. They became friends surprisingly quickly, an aura of joy floating around the two of them whenever they were together. Their friendship eventually led to something more and they started dating. Their relationship was happy and perfect and everything Mark could've wished for, but his only problem was telling his fans.

He loved his fans, don't get him wrong, but he also loved his privacy. It was sad to say that he had seen how fans in different communities acted whenever they found out about a YouTuber's partner, and a few of them tended to go insane. They treated the YouTuber's partner in no way someone should be treated, and they seemed to believe that the Youtuber's partner wasn't human. A few fans happened to be selfish, so they always felt inclined to send hate to both the YouTuber and their partner in attempt to destroy their relationship. Mark knew that his fans were such fantastic people, but he was afraid to take any chances of hurting Jack.

Mark was confident that his fans would never find out until Mark had chosen to tell them, seeing as how they had made it two years into their relationship without any problems. But a problem formed when someone spotted Mark and Jack walking together on the streets hand-in-hand. They had taken photos and posted it online, creating a giant explosion of posts all over Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.

The fans had absolutely exploded, and the 'Markiplier' tags on social media were chaotic, especially on Tumblr. Mark didn't hold back and burst into tears as he saw what had happened, and Jack was the one to calm him down.

"Mark, it'll be alright," Jack cooed, cradling Mark, "Everything will be okay."

"Jack," Mark wailed," what am I going to do?"

"You need t' tell your fans, Mark. Now's the time to come out t' them."

Jack rocked Mark back and forth, humming softly as he ran his fingers through Mark's soft hair. Mark pulled out his phone, scrolling through his own tag. Even though Jack never said anything, Mark knew his boyfriend was curious about what his fans were saying, so he started to read a few text posts out loud.

"I'm disappointed to see all the hate Mark is getting," he read, "Out of all people, Mark does not deserve this. His private life was let out to be shared all over the internet without his permission. That is the biggest issue here, and the person who posted the photo should be reported and banned. Do not send Mark hate for not telling us about this. This is his life, and he chooses what he wants to do it. Please treat Mark with the respect that he deserves. Stay strong, Mark."

He scrolled a little bit until he found another post to read, "Everyone unsubscribe to this disgusting human. I'm now an ex-fan of Mark, and you should all be too. He kept secrets from us, and that's terrible! We are his fans! He loves us! He should tell us everything if he truly cares about us!"