Romantic

OKAY YEAH UM THIS IS SUCH AN AMAZING CHAPTER BUT I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS OKAY author144

And so it continues...

"Ma, what are you talking about?" Jack repeated for the third time, wishing even still that his mother's words would change, and he didn't have to feel his heart skip a beat once more. His mother let out an exasperated sigh over the phone, shaking her head probably and gathering her breath to repeat herself.
"Your brothers, they've stopped their arguing, and they grown some sense. They want to apologize, and you know them. They wouldn't do it unless it was to your face. Besides, we need you at home. You're better off here, and its where you belong!" Jack's heart plummeted as he heard her repeat the same words she had twice before, and he sighed in despair.
Going home was the last thing on his to do list. He had so many other things in mind. Many of them involved Mark, considering that he and the man were close now, and he still hadn't been able to take him on a proper date or anything of the sorts. Mark had been putting so much effort forth, just for Jack, and he was going to repay him by leaving the continent. Jack swallowed roughly, trying his hardest to choke back tears and a loud sob. He covered his mouth with a hand, his legs itching to move while his mind screamed at him to curl into a ball and stay there. Everything was contradicting itself.
On one hand, he wanted to go home. Home was comfort, and he was used to being there and enjoying the feeling of familiarity. One the other, much larger hand, he never wanted to leave America again. He wanted to stay here with Mark and the Cyndago guys and do skits, videos, collabs. He wanted to go on a proper date with Mark, one that he organized and paid for, one that he worked out and felt proud for setting up. He wanted to wake up by Mark's side and feel safe in his arms, and he never wanted to leave the man again.
"Jack?" his mother asked through the phone, snapping his attention back to reality. Jack blinked, jerking his head and focusing once more. "If money is a problem, then I can help fly you home."
"No no, its not that.." Jack trailed off, biting his lip. He wasn't sure how to explain this, but it didn't matter, his mother swept on.
"Alright, good. There are some cheap plane tickets for about two or three days from now if you'd like. Catch one of those and come home, we can all celebrate!" she exclaimed.
"Two or three days?!" Jack thought, feeling even worse. He wanted to stay with Mark for two or three more months, years maybe even. There was no way he wanted to go home in two or three days, but clearly he had to as his mother wished him luck, and hung up the call before he could give an opposition. Jack slowly removed his phone from his ear, staring at the blank screen and trying to comprehend the situation. What should he do?
"Jack," a hand suddenly rested on Jack's shoulder, causing the Irishman to jump and turn. "You alright?" the voice was Daniel's, and he looked genuinely concerned, eyes bright and narrowed in guarded curiosity. Jack swallowed, opening his mouth only to realize the only sound he could produce was a sob. Daniel asked no questions as Jack collapsed. He caught the Irishman, holding him up as Jack wrapped his arm over his mouth to silence the noise. After a few moments, Daniel helped him to his feet again. "What happened?" Jack, sniffling and wiping at his nose, launched into a detailed but brief explanation of what had just occurred, and Daniel's face softened in understanding.
"What do I do?" Jack whispered hoarsely, scared of his voice and how unstable he was becoming. Daniel only glanced at him with a somber gaze, sighing and running a hand through his hair before shaking his head.
"They need you at home, it seems. They miss you. Honestly, I would just make the most out of these two days," he admitted, and Jack nodded, swallowing roughly. This was not the choice that he wanted to make, but it seemed to be the only option he had. He had a good time down here, but it was true that he needed to settle things with his family, and let his brothers set things right. This, however, didn't mean that he had to enjoy it.
"What do I tell Mark?" Jack asked, even softer than his first question, and Daniel's eyes only widened. He turned, taking a glance at Mark and Ryan talked, making vague hand gestures as they shared stories, smiling, laughing. Daniel turned, looking first at his feet and then up at Jack.
"Just know that you need to tell him." Daniel said, and he swallowed, walking back to the pair in silence. Jack remained on the beach, staring at his knees and hands in the sand, no longer feeling the warmth they brought him from earlier. He felt cold, all of him felt cold. He heard Mark saying goodbye to the Cyndago guys, giving them a hug as Daniel ushered them out of there, and Jack didn't know whether to thank him or curse him for the privacy it provided. Mark walked over to Jack, and knelt beside him, taking a seat next to the Irishman and watching the waves as they lapped at the shore.
"Hey, you alright? You look kind of pale." Mark commented, and Jack looked up abruptly. The dark haired man reached a hand forward, skimming Jack's cheek and placing warmth where he touched. Was Jack really ready to leave this behind?
"Yeah." Jack faltered, his voice cracking and fading as he no longer trusted it to remain strong when he needed it. He cleared his throat, coughing and turning from Mark so he wouldn't see Jack vigorously wiping at his cheeks. Mark didn't press forward, instead he sat silently. Jack felt a knot build in his stomach, and he choked back a sob once more. He needed to find the courage to tell Mark, and now would be a good time. He turned back to the man, letting his eyes run over Mark's facial features. He was an incredible person, and anyone could see it. It hit Jack how lucky he was, and he turned away again. He was lucky, and he was going to throw it all away to go home. Jack drew in a long breath, unable to keep it steady as he turned to Mark once more. He opened his mouth to begin talking, but Mark beat him to it.
"I don't know if you're alright, but will you at least watch this amazing sunset with me?" Mark asked, and Jack froze, mouth gaping open. Mark turned to him, a small smile tugging at his lips. Jack's mouth quickly closed, and without another word he scooted closer to the man, cuddling up next to him and leaning his head on Mark's shoulder. Mark wrapped his arm around Jack, resting his chin on the Irishman's head, and simply kept it there. Jack felt warmer, and a feeling he couldn't describe was working its way through him. Mark pulled something from his jacket, looking it over before sighing and waving it in front of Jack's face. It was a rose, a white one. "Its cheesy, I know, but I wanted to give it to you anyway." Mark mumbled, looking away and blushing.
Jack was unable to speak, he was stunned. The rose itself was beautiful, and Mark's reaction and blushing was adorable. Without a second thought, Jack leaned up and planted a kiss on his cheek. He then returned to his spot, smiling at the rose and looking over each of the petals, meticulously running over every detail. Mark was happy, and he was happy.
Jack could tell him later.

To be continued...