Treasured

AHHH THIS IS SO ADORABLE AND I DON'T WANT IT TO END author144

And so it continues...

Jack had to leave tomorrow.
He knew that he had to go, as much as it saddened him. He was needed back home, and despite the fact that it was fairly obvious he parted soon, Mark refused to talk about it. He had the Cyndago guys return that day to hang out so that they could have some fun before Jack left, and they had just left for the night, making the Irishman only more aware just how close he was to leaving.
The room that he stayed in was slowly growing more vacant as he packed. His clothes went from being strewn around in a hazy mess to neatly folded, each returning to the suitcase they came from and being set in an organized fashion. His gaming setup was slowly reduced to nothing but cords, wires, and they were all hidden away as well. His bed was neatly made up, and it almost made him sick to stare at the room looking just as it did when he stumbled into it. Oh how he wished he could trash it again with his things; why did he have to go?
Jack made his way down the stairs, swallowing roughly as the evening settled in and the sun finally faded behind the horizon. Mark was sitting on the couch, staring at his hands as though they had suddenly become the most interesting thing he had laid eyes upon. Jack slowly sat next to him, and Mark instantly leaned over, resting his head on the Irishman's shoulder. Silence settled in the room, and the only sound to be heard was that of Jack's heartbeat. His breath also sped up as Mark's lips suddenly met his neck.
Mark kissed down his neck, brushing softly over his collarbone and working his way up to Jack's lips. His breath hitched and he gasped softly before returning the man's fervent kisses. After a mere few moments, Mark was pushing him back against the couch, and Jack placed a hand firmly on his chest, pushing him back a bit. He shook his head, and Mark only sighed, nodding and sitting back down.
"We shouldn't do this now." Jack said, trying to explain, and Mark nodded in understanding. He nuzzled his face into the crook of Jack's shoulder and neck, his breath making Jack shiver. He was going to miss this man with every fiber in his being. It almost hurt to even think of being away from him. "I'm-.. I'm sorry that our time was so short lived here."
"Why are you apologizing?" Mark said, sitting up and frowning. Jack stared at his hands before turning to the man.
"I mean this could have moved along faster at first if I hadn't have gotten upset after we got drunk, or stopped to understand what was going on. If I hadn't run away from home and just taken a trip then maybe things would have turned out differently." Jack began describing what he was thinking, but Mark only put up a gentle hand to stop him, leaning in close again and smiling.
"Jack, I'm glad that all of those things happened between us though," he said, and it was Jack's turn to frown in confusion. He had been sure that his running away had caused a major setback in the start of their relationship. His inability to understand Mark's intimate gestures, his feeling trapped and basically running away from home, all of it had been irresponsible and Jack was sure that it was foolish. Even so, Mark only gave a warm smile. "Jack, sure we had some setbacks. Life isn't going to be perfect, and it isn't going to work out all the time, every time. But I know for sure that the majority of this trip, all of the good moments we shared, I loved them all. I wouldn't trade them away for anything, each holds a special place in my heart. I doubt I'll forget them even long after you've gone."
Jack was astonished beyond words, and he could only gape in return to Mark's smile. Was that really how he felt at this point? Unable to reply, Jack could only watch Mark look up at a clock on the wall before down at a watch on his wrist. He stood up, stretching and yawning widely.
"Your flight leaves tomorrow. Don't you think that you should be getting some rest?" Mark asked, and Jack could only nod, suddenly unable to find his voice. Mark smiled, noticing this before leaning down and placing a kiss on Jack's forehead. "Try and get some rest tonight then, okay?" he asked, and he turned to walk away. Jack reached out, quick as lightning, and tugged at Mark's sleeve, making the man turn once more.
"Can I sleep with you tonight?" he asked, voice soft and innocent sounding. He looked at Mark with large blue eyes, pleading, and Mark only chuckled softly. He extended a hand, and helped Jack to his feet before intertwining their fingers and leading the way back to his room.
"So you'll sleep with me, but you won't let me kiss you?" Mark asked, and Jack snorted.
"Shut up!" he exclaimed as Mark crawled into the bed and under the covers. He laughed at this, and watched as Jack curled up next to him, legs entangling themselves with Mark's and he buried his face into Mark's chest. Mark only breathed softly, kissing the man once more on the head and curling himself into their cuddling.
"Get some sleep, Jack."

To be continued...