Xquisite

OKAY OKAY DON'T BLAME author144 BECAUSE LITERALLY NOTHING STARTS WITH 'X'. ANYWAY, ENJOY THIS LOVELY CHAPTER!

And so it continues...
Jack yawned, peering angrily through slitted eyes as the sun began to shine through his window. Another night without any sleep had just befallen him, and he couldn't be angrier about it. This was about the third one in a row, and Mark had been so busy that he had no time to Skype Jack. The Irishman was finding it difficult to function without him, but was somehow managing.
The fact that Mark had told Jack he loved him was still ringing in his ears, and it was hard for Jack to deal with the idea of not getting a chance to return the fateful words to Mark, to let him know that he felt the same way. They rested on the edge of his tongue, and had been sitting there ever since he had last spoken to the man. Now, he anxiously awaited the next time that Mark called.
Jack sat up, grudgingly pulling himself through the morning. He took the paper that he had picked up from the night prior, reading it over while he drank his coffee. There was several articles about the rates of crime rising a bit, and the number of break ins and robberies increased, but Jack lived in a safe neighborhood and there was no sense in wasting time worrying over petty things.
Instead, he went right into his recordings for the day. He forced himself to keep Mark off his mind, but couldn't help it either. Halfway through his first video, he had already made a joke or two about Mark, and it was painfully obvious to see through his empty laughter that he had no intention of bringing Mark into any of his conversations, the man just never left his mind. After he had gotten his first video recorded, he instantly went and checked through Mark's feed, and over his twitter. He hadn't been on much, but Jack took time out of his morning to watch a Vlog that Mark did about how much he loved the beach.
Jack went to uploading videos for the day, taking a small break for lunch. He went launching back into his room at the sound of a Skype call, and realized that it was simply Ohmwrecker, Daithi, and a few others who wanted to know if he would join their call for a couple games. Jack was disappointed that it wasn't Mark, but happily played along with another group of people. They noticed how distant he seemed, and Daithi only mentioned it once before the others simply accepted it and let the Irishman focus back in on his own.
After thanking them for the game, he left and went to do some more recording on his own. Not after checking Twitter of course, and finding nothing that had to do with Mark; therefore, nothing interesting. Jack went back to making another video, struggling more and more to get the video rolling and keep his attention on the game. He found himself often staring up and out the window on the far side of the room, simply losing himself in his thoughts.
Managing to finally push through a video, he took a break to get himself some dinner. He sat down, his phone next to him, and he turned on one of Mark's videos, one of the recent ones. He watched, a drunk Minecraft video, and Mark's beautiful laughter filled his kitchen and head. It made him smile, and he marveled at just how amazing Mark was, how truly unique he was. Jack knew that he was lucky, and it hurt to know that he couldn't take advantage of that luck.
Suddenly, there was a knock on his front door loud enough to make him flinch violently. Jack glanced up, frowning in confusion. It was rather late in the evening, no one in their right mind would be knocking on his door at this hour. When he heard several car doors shutting outside and feet walking in, Jack stiffened. He swiftly recalled what he had read in the paper that morning, the exact thing that he had dismissed and said was unimportant and futile to worry about. He did live in a nice neighborhood, but it wasn't impossible for bad things to happen here either.
The knocking rang out again, making Jack flinch back once more. He stood quickly, fear taking over him and his chest and throat tightening. He was suddenly unable to breathe, and unsure of what to do. There was only one true option, and that was to open the door and see who was there. Jack swallowed roughly, grabbing his phone as he crept towards his front door, opening the dial pad to call and getting ready to enter numbers in order to call the police. Little did he know that his finger was hovering over the number for Mark's speed dial, but in the end, he had expected it.
After all, if he was in trouble, he would want Mark to know first.
To be continued...