Profound

I SHIT YOU NOT EVERY CHAPTER WRITTEN BY author144 IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE LAST ONE

And so it continues...

It was raining again.
It was as if the weather itself had followed Jack from Ireland and made its way over to LA and begun its string of rain droplets over his head as if to remind him that it wasn't home. However, despite the dreary weather, it made him feel even more at home here than back where his house. The rain was normal, and being with Mark felt normal, it felt like he really belonged here. Here, he didn't have to think about anything that was going on at home.
"If you LIKED it, punch that like button, in the face, like a BOSS! And-! High fives all around. Whipsh, whipsh, thank you guys and I will see all you dudes.. in the next video!" Jack finished his outro on his latest video, sitting back and resting in his seat, resting his hands on his head and taking a deep breath. His thoughts were racing back to home, and part of him wondered if he should give his mother another ring. She probably deserved that much at least, he needed to elaborate on him and Mark.
Jack stood swiftly from his chair, deciding that he needed a break. He hadn't seen much of Mark since the man had so kindly brought him a cup of coffee as he did every morning. He was such a gentleman, and Jack had since forgotten anything negative when he was around the other man. Mark was something else, that was for sure. He made his way softly down the stairs, ready to call to Mark when he heard the man in the kitchen, talking on the phone he assumed. Jack froze just outside the doorway, ready to saunter in when he heard a sob. Was Mark.. crying?
"Listen, Mark. Just talk to him," the voice belonged to Bob, and Jack froze as he leaned in, feeling slightly guilty for eavesdropping, but his curiosity got the better of him. "It was something just made up in your head, there's no need to overreact. But if it's making you freak out this much, then maybe you should be talking to him about it. I'm sure he can settle this for you." Mark sniffled at Bob's words, and then mumbled something before hanging up the call. Jack, still confused, backed away silently. What was bothering his boyfriend? Why couldn't he talk about it? And who was he going to talk about it with? Jack walked a little louder going into the kitchen to announce his presence as though it were his first time being there. Mark turned to him, eyes surprisingly normal looking; its as if he wasn't just suppressing sobs in the corner.
"Morning, Markimoo." Jack said extra cheerfully, walking right up to the man and planting a kiss on his cheek. 'Talk to me.' Jack willed him, but he said nothing. Instead, Mark only stopped the Irishman, kissing him full on the mouth before stumbling out of the kitchen. Jack didn't mind what had happened as much, he was simply curious as to why it did. With a sigh, he made himself more coffee and decided to wait it out.
The day went on, Mark acting weirder and weirder as it did. Jack frowned once they were both done recording, and he had gone downstairs into the living room to find his boyfriend. Mark was sitting on the couch, staring at the television, and there was nothing on it. Jack blinked, sighing as his smile faded into a thin line and he joined the man on the couch. He rested a hand on Mark's shoulder, and glanced at him worriedly. Mark turned.
"Mark, are you alright? You've been acting... kinda weird, buddy." Jack admitted, and Mark looked at his hands before turning his entire body to Jack, sitting more comfortably on the sofa. Jack, feeling like the man was about to admit something, turned and gave him his full attention.
"Jack, you wouldn't... leave me, would you?" he asked tentatively, and the words struck him with such surprise that the Irishman was speechless, gaping at Mark. "Like, you wouldn't leave me for your ex or another guy, would you? Because I-."
"Mark, what the hell made you think that?" Jack asked, genuinely confused and curious. Mark flinched at this, and stared at his hands as he rubbed his fingers over one another.
"I just-. I had a dream that you left me, and I woke up and I expected you to be next to me for some reason and you weren't and it was scary and it's been really bothering me all day and I just wanted to know the truth, how you would feel about this.." Mark admitted in a single sentence, a single breath. Jack gave him a soft smile, tipping his head as he trailed a finger down Mark's jaw line and giving him a sympathetic look.
"Mark, I would never leave you. I've met some pretty cool people, some pretty interesting ones, but I've never met anyone as perfect as you." Jack said softly, and Mark's head snapped up. Like lightning, he placed his hands on Jack's temples and kissed the man, taking Jack's breath away completely, and making him sigh once the other man pulled away.
"You're the perfect one." Mark breathed, and Jack only chuckled, shaking his head softly despite Mark's rather rough grip on him.
"I just wish you didn't have so much trouble over it." Jack said, blinking slowly. "You can talk to me about anything, no matter if it's something small, light, deep, it doesn't matter to me. I'm happy to be here for you." Mark looked ready to cry at this, but rather he just kissed Jack's forehead and rested his head in the nook between Jack's shoulder and neck. Jack only hummed softly, running his hands through Mark's hair.
"I'll do better next time." Mark promised, and the Irishman smiled, suddenly thinking of a rather good idea.
"If you want, I can sleep next to you tonight." Jack offered, and Mark sat up quickly, staring at him with excitement in his eyes.
"You would do that for me?"
"Sure."
"Oh, Jack.." Mark breathed, and then stiffened, obtaining a stoic expression. "I mean, uh. Jokes, right. Is that you're nice way of asking to sleep with me?" he asked, and Jack tipped his head back, laughing. He smacked Mark on the arm, and shook his head.
"No, but I am tired. Let's get you to sleep, Markimoo, its past your bedtime." Mark stood as Jack did, pressing a hand to the Irishman's chest.
"Okay, you can help me sleep, but you can't be my mother," he said, raising an eyebrow playfully. Jack rolled his eyes.
"I'll tell you a bedtime story," he offered, and Mark's eyes widened.
"Yippee! Let's go!" Mark exclaimed, skipping up the stairs and leaving Jack to laugh and trail after his child of a boyfriend.

To be continued...