Devotion

I'M SO TIRED RIGHT NOW BUT THIS IS SO AMAZING AND IDK WHY I TOLD YOU IM TIRED BUT YES THIS IS SERIOUSLY AMAZING I LOVE IT BLESS YOU FOR BEING AWESOME author144

And so it continues..

"Did you talk to him yet?" Bob's voice asked through the phone, and Mark rolled his eyes up to the ceiling. He didn't have the time nor the energy to deal with Bob's interrogation this morning, and he set down his coffee to take his phone in both hands.
"Bob, I did. Everything is okay as of now, I simply need to make sure it stays that way." Mark said matter-of-factly, but Bob sniffed condescendingly.
"I hope so. He's going to need you now." Mark sighed, taking a drink of his coffee and looking out through the windows facing his driveway as the morning light poured through them. It was rather dim, due to the rainstorm that still roared on outside.
"I'm aware, Bob. I have to go now, goodbye." Bob tried to say something else, but Mark ended the call rather abruptly as Jack's footsteps could be heard making their way down the stairs. The Irishman appeared several moments later, yawning and raising his arms above his head towards the ceiling. A small bit of his stomach showed, and for some reason Mark felt blush creep up his cheeks as he noticed it. He had to force his gaze away as Jack gave a sleepy grin.
"Morning, Markimoo," he mumbled, fixing himself some coffee as Mark began chugging his own. He must be some awful form of tired to be losing his mind like this.
"All people have skin, it's not something you should be so embarrassed about noticing." Mark reminded himself mentally, scolding himself for something so small that irrationally expanded in his head. Jack was suddenly at his side, making Mark jump and blush even further. Luckily the Irishman was oblivious to this.
"You'd think leaving Ireland would leave the rain behind too," he noted, amused. Mark snorted.
"You probably brought it with you." Mark teased, poking Jack in the stomach and turning to leave into the livingroom. "We should game while we still have power."
"Have power?"
"Yeah, in rainstorms like this its not unlikely for the power to fluctuate if not die completely on us. I'd plug all your electronic devices in while you can." Mark advised, and Jack set down his coffee mug, returning upstairs to make sure his phone and PC were charging. Mark plugged in his phone, and turned as Jack returned, looking rather somber. "You okay?"
"Yeah, I just-.." Jack faltered, looking at the floor as he tried to find the words. He had returned with a big blanket of his, wrapped around his body, and the picture of his family in his hand. He looked up at Mark and cleared his throat. "I feel like my family needs a call from me."
"Oh." Mark said, both deflated by this and understanding. Jack was probably worried sick, at the same time it meant he could leave sooner. Mark was stuck between what he wanted for himself and what he wanted for Jack. "Well, why are you calling them?"
"Well, I just want to check in with my mum. Make sure that at least she's alright." Jack explained, and Mark felt his heart sink. He stared at his feet, wondering how he should really be feeling about all of this. "And, I'm sorry but I'm not sure about my staying arrangements." Mark nearly choked trying to hold back his emotions. Jack was leaving? "Is it alright if I stay with you a little while longer?" Relief flooded Mark, and he held a hand over his heart that was fluttering like a frightened butterfly. Jack wanted to stay, he had no intentions of leaving still.
"Of course, Jack. There's always a place for you here." Mark said, and he swore he saw Jack's cheeks go slightly red at this.
"You're so nice. Remind me to pay you back." Jack said, picking up his phone and looking at the numbers to dial.
"Please." Mark scoffed, clapping a hand on the Irishman's shoulders. "No need to pay me back. I really do enjoy having you here, its great. As long as you need help, I'll provide." Jack turned, looking straight into his eyes and ignoring the fact that they were mere inches from one another. Mark felt the blush return, and stared hard at the floor when Jack walked away to make the call.
Where was all of this coming from? Mark was pretty sure that just a couple of days ago, he could look at Jack and smile and they would make some joke before laughing it off and continuing whatever they were. Now, he looked at Jack, and then looked at Jack. He took all of the Irishman in, watching and becoming fascinated with how the man thought and moved. Mark must have been losing his mind. He needed to be here for Jack, as a friend, and whatever was going through his head simply needed to leave.
That's when the power went out completely.
"Fuck's sake!" Jack snapped, looking at his phone as the call ended abruptly. Mark walked over, peering over his shoulder as he checked for a signal. There was none.
"The rain and wind must have knocked a tree down somewhere important." Mark observed, and Jack turned to him, still wrapped in his large blanket. "We'll be down for a few hours, maybe even the whole day."
"I guess I'll call tomorrow." Jack sighed, and Mark saw the sadness in his gaze. He turned to walked upstairs, but Mark caught him by the elbow, grinning.
"You know what, I have lots of board games and stuff. Why don't we stay down here instead? We'll turn it into something fun." Mark suggested, and Jack looked rather skeptical.
"How?" he demanded, and Mark squinted at the ground, thinking. How could he make something as simple as a board game entertaining enough for a whole day. Then, a thought hit him and he grinned, whisking around the Irishman and entering the kitchen. Jack followed, curious, and then laughed loudly as Mark pulled a bottle of cinnamon whiskey down from the cabinet above the fridge.
"Really, Mark? Really?" Jack asked, and Mark grinned, laughing with him.
"C'mon, a little drink, we can record it for the fans, some games to play. It'll be fun for the both of us, don't you think?" Mark grinned devilishly, and Jack beamed back, nodding finally and reluctantly.
"Alright, but only a little drink. Who knows what will happen if we over drink?"
"I guess we'll find out." Mark smiled.

To be continued...