How Sam and Tim Brought Their Dads Together

Alright, I might as well say that I won't always stick with my schedule for uploading. Sometimes I get too busy or I can't think of anything, and I apologize for that. Also, my Wattpad is sort of broken, because every time I try to write a description or add tags, it just resets. This is kind of annoying but whatever :P I hope it gets fixed soon.

"I know love when I see it," Sam said, turning to Tim. "They're in love, alright? Can't you see it?"

"I... Are you sure? I'm pretty sure my dad doesn't swing that way-"

"Shut up, Tim. You know damn well he's like 'that.'"

"You know, your Irish accent gets funnier when you're mad-"

"Shut up, Tim." Sam hissed.

"Fine, fine. But how the hell are we going to do this? We can't just openly set up a date between the two; they won't go! Besides, we're fifteen. Isn't it around this age when parents completely stop listening to you?"

"We'll find a way!" The two worked to create a successful plan that will get their dads to hook up. From what they have been told, their parents  were best friends in college. They both ended up meeting some girls who they fell in love with. They got married, but Sam's mother died whilst giving birth. Tim's mother just... left.

After hours of working in silence, Tim was the first to speak.

"So, you got anything?"

"Nope."

"We could just tell them we know someone who would like to date them. Just set up the same time, place, I don't know..."

"I think we have to just go with that."

***

"Hey, Dad?" Sam asked, plopping down on the couch.

"Yeah?"

"What... what's your opinion on like... the LGBTQ community?"

"Sam, I'm perfectly fine if you prefer boobies. Boobies are awesome!"

"This is not the conversation I want to be having right now with my dad."

"Sorry, sorry. If you want to know, I myself am a little gay. Bisexual, if you want to be specific about that shit."

"Okay, good."

"Why the fuck is that good?"

"My, uh, friend... his dad likes you. Um, he wants me to ask you for him if you'd like to go on a date with him?"

Before Jack could answer, Sam immediately he assumed yes, though he was planning on saying no. "Great! Here's all the information you need!" She handed her dad a post-it note with the time and place of the date. Jack wanted to refuse, but he didn't want to hurt his daughter.

***

"Dad, are you gay?" Tim asked once he barged into Mark's room.

"Wha-"

"Yes or no."

"No?"

"The answer shouldn't be a question."

"Maybe?"

"You're getting closer..."

"Pansexual."

"Bingo! Alright, just take this. Do what it says, Dad, please?"

"Sure, Tim. Whatever you say." Tim handed Mark a sheet of paper with information about the date, a huge smile on his face. He looked away so his dad wouldn't see him struggling to stop smiling.

***

Once Sam and Tim met up at school, they immediately started talking about what had happened with their dads.

"So, did it work?" Tim asked, practically jumping as he walked down the hall.

"Yes! I just kind of shoved the note into his hands and he loves me, so he'll do whatever is on there."

"I guess I can say the same. My dad will do anything for 'his little biscuit.'"

"How is your dad even an adult?" Sam asked, laughing.

Tim chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I have no friggin' idea."

***

"You'll be good, right? No parties, friends, blah blah blah." Jack said, heading out the door.

"I understand, Dad. Have fun!" Sam replied, smiling. Jack smiled back at his daughter and left, closing the door behind him. She hoped everything will be perfect.

A few neighborhoods away, Mark was preparing to go on a date as well.

"Well, my adorable little biscuit, don't do anything naughty when I'm not around, you hear me?"

"Dad, I'm not adorable. I'm also not a biscuit."

"Bye, Tim!" Tim rolled his eyes as Mark closed the door, walking towards his car. He looked out the window and watched as his dad drive away, immediately calling Sam when Mark was no longer in sight.

"Did your dad leave yet?" Tim asked.

"Yep," Sam replied, "he just left. Well, Tim, as stupid as you are, our plan was a success!"

"They haven't gone on the date yet."

"You know they'll have a great time."

***

"No fucking way." Jack said as he saw who exactly was his mysterious date. His best friend, Mark.

"I... Jack? Did you know about this?"

"Fuck no!"

"Well shit." Jack sat down across Mark, the two of them staring at each other like they had seen a ghost.

"It had to be our kids, right?" Jack nervously said.

"My little biscuit wouldn't do that!"

"Believe me, Mark, he will." He chuckled.

"But, but he's my little biscuit!"

"Not all biscuits taste good, you know."

"Don't get all smart with me, Jack." Mark said with a terrible Irish accent. It didn't take long until the two of them completely forgot about how strange it was for them to be on a date together. It was so obvious to see they loved each other; you could see it in their eyes. When they stared at each other, they both had this certain shine in their eyes that would show just how much they love each other.

"This date was awesome!" Jack exclaimed when they exited the restaurant. A huge smile was glued to his face, and Mark couldn't stop staring at him. He was intrigued by how adorable Jack could be, even if  he was a grown man.

"Jack... I'm going to do something. I don't know if it's a good or bad something, but it's something." Mark leaned in, slowly pressing his lips against Jack's. They could both agree that it was definitely a good something.

But, somewhere, somehow, two teens named Sam and Tim gave themselves high-fives, because they knew.