Keen

SCREMMM THIS IS PERFECT AND I HATE IT FOR BEING SO DAMN ADORABLE WHAT EVEN author144

BUT I'M UPLOADING THIS A DAY EARLY BECAUSE FUCK IT

SO I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT MARK'S EX-GIRLFRIEND, JESS. I HAD LITERALLY NO IDEA ABOUT HER WHEN I WROTE MY LAST CHAPTER, AND I JUST FOUND OUT, LIKE, 1 MINUTE AGO. I'm really proud of Mark for saying this, but it's kind of scary how close to reality my one-shot was. Wow.

But I need to mention that my name is also Jess! I am glad Mark has taken a liking to people with my name ;DDD Seriously, though, send Mark and Jess support and don't forget to subscribe to Jess's channel!

And so it continues...

"Things are bad at home then, huh?" Mark asked as he sat next to Jack on the couch. He had reclaimed his blanket and a cup of tea as he curled up on the sofa. He looked tired, lacking in sleep, and his blue eyes met Mark's as he nodded. The man tried to hide his worry, and instead reached a hand out to stroke his cheek, making the Irishman blush. "You don't have to talk about it yet, just.. is there anything that I can do to help?" Jack considered this, but shrugged, looking back at his tea to sip it. Mark gave a nod, standing and leaving the room. He wandered into the kitchen, determined to make sure that Jack had a good day today, his spirits needed to brighten.
He had made up a fancy dinner for them a couple of nights back, and Jack, despite enjoying it, seemed to slip back into silence. Things must not be going well for him at home, but Mark was determined. If Jack was here, then he would be safe, happy, and Mark was going to make sure of it. How was the only question he had left to answer. There was a lot that he could do to help Jack, but what he needed was a bit of optimism, a bit of hope. If he could somehow instill those feelings into the Irishman, to show him that he was okay here, he was safe, then maybe it would help. He thought about a couple of ways to go about this, and placed a hand on his chin in thought. Then, he snapped his fingers, returning to the living room, plopping himself next to Jack and leaning in close. Jack glanced at him, then did a double take as he leaned in.
"The fuck are you doing, Mark?" he asked, but Mark only reached out to move his blanket. He tugged at his shirt, glancing at it with a furrowed brow and tilting his head.
"This is a nice shirt, but I think I saw something like it, only much better." Mark stated, and then clapped his hands, standing quickly. "That's it! We're going shopping."
"Mark, no I don't-." Jack began, but Mark leaned down, placing a finger against his lips and leaning in rather close. The Irishman could feel Mark's breath against his face, and he smiled. Then, he intertwined his fingers with Jack's, and slowly brought the man to his feet. Gently leading him up the stairs, he led him to his room and waited outside as Jack changed into some better clothes. Then, Mark led him outside and to the car, locking the front door and driving off into the city.
"Where do you think we should go shopping?" Mark asked, and Jack looked at him before looking at the various stores around them. "Ooh!" Mark said suddenly, slamming on the brakes and nearly giving Jack whiplash. "That place has green shirts in the front, we're going there."
"Why green?" Jack demanded, unbuckling his seatbelt and running a hand over his torso to make sure that said seatbelt hadn't cut him in half when Mark suddenly stopped. Mark gave Jack a knowing look, and the Irishman rolled his eyes. "Oh, ha-ha, very funny," he said, but he was smiling as Mark locked the car and opened the door for him leading into the clothing store. They wandered in, luckily not many people occupied the building, and found their way over to men's shirts farther back.
"This one, and this one." Mark said, taking two shirts and tossing them to Jack despite not looking where he was throwing.
"Mark-!" Jack began, but another shirt hit him in the face, stopping his words and making him stand there absently for a moment as it covered him.
"And I think this one would-." Mark broke off, examining another shirt before looking up at Jack. "Hey, you okay there? You're looking a little... green."
"I fucking hate you, Mark." Jack groaned behind the shirt, and Mark pulled it from his face, revealing two blue orbs that were filled with joy and amusement. Mark chuckled, taking the shirts from him and ushering Jack towards the dressing room.
"Let's find one you like." Mark suggested, tossing one over the door after Jack had shut it. There was another muffled groan and Jack returned outside, wearing the green long sleeved shirt. He glanced up at Mark, who looked it up and down before shaking his head. "No way, it's too dark for you. Try this one." He aimed the one he threw, and it hit Jack square in the face once more. The Irishman removed it, glaring at Mark before whipping around and disappearing into the dressing room once more. He returned several more times, in the room and back out until Mark found something that he liked. It was a black T-shirt, and over it a flannel mixed with light greens and white. "There, now you and I can have matching lucky flannels!" Mark exclaimed, putting all the other clothes back and paying for Jack's new ones.
"You didn't have to pay." Jack mumbled as they got back into the car, and Mark scoffed at this.
"What kind of friend would I be, forcing you to try on clothes, only to make you pay for them?" Mark retorted, and Jack chucked at this. He was grateful, but before he could express it, Mark cut him off. "By the way, there is one more store we have to visit." Jack frowned, but he saw Mark pull over in a parking lot of a hotel rather than a store. He got out of the car, following Mark as he walked away from the vehicle and down the street. There was an ice cream vendor, and Mark ordered them both an ice cream cone before beckoning the Irishman to follow.
They walked back towards the hotel, but instead of going inside, they went around back. There was a rather steep bluff, but a path had been carved into it, and Mark led the way to the top. Once there, they picked a spot to sit where they could see the entirety of the city from their location, and the bigger buildings were off to one side so that it was a pretty view. On top of that, the sun was setting and the sky was orange, pink, and the clouds tinted purple.
Mark sat down on the red dirt, patting the spot next to him and Jak joined him. They sat their, eating their ice cream as they looked out over the city. It had been a longer afternoon seeing as how Jack had spent most of it and the morning sitting and drinking tea, but the shopping had gone by relatively quickly, and this was easily Jack's favorite part of the day. He looked over at Mark, and just how handsome he appeared. The orange from the sun lit up his features perfectly, highlighting just enough and putting an extra shine in his eyes. He turned to Jack, catching his stare and smiling. Then, quick as lightning he dipped a finger into his cone and plopped a bit of ice cream on Jack's nose. The Irishman laughed, leaning back and letting the sound out; it felt good. He wiped it off, licking his finger and shoving Mark gently.
"Thank you for this, Mark. I needed it."
"Oh, I know. Everyone needs someone to put ice cream on their nose."

To be continued...