Yearning

THIS CHAPTER IS AMAZING YES YES YES I LOVE IT SO MUCH HOLY SHIT author144

And so it continues...

Jack walked slowly towards the door, swallowing in fear before reaching out to grab the handle. The person knocked once more, and Jack closed his eyes and tried not to flinch at the noise too much. Then, he whipped the door open, heart pounding in his ears and against his chest with immense force.
He took in the character standing at the door in dark clothes rather quickly. He was about the same height as Jack, staring down at him with big, brown eyes. He was broad shouldered, muscular, and his eyes were shining and full of hope; of love. The fluffy, dark hair was not hard to recognize, and the pink lips that pulled back into a wild grin were just as irreplaceable in Jack's brain.
Mark.
The Irishman only gaped, his jaw open wide and wanting to drop to the floor and stay there. Mark was standing in his doorway, panting, covered in sweat. He had one hand extended behind him, holding onto what looked like a suitcase. In his other hand, he held out a familiar green piece of fabric that Jack could only stare at, although not nearly as amazed as the man whom had brought it.
"You forgot this in America, so I felt that it was absolutely necessary that I bring this to you." Mark explained, his voice deep and thick with exhaustion. Jack pulled the fabric from the man's fingers, still amazed that it was Mark, and did a double take between the shirt that was his lucky flannel and then Mark. Then, he set the shirt down on top of Mark's suitcase and pinned the man against the wall opposing him in the hallway.
Jack kissed him, fiercely. Mark let go of his suitcase once he caught onto what Jack was doing, and his hands now gripped the Irishman's face, holding him there and stealing what little breath he had left. Jack's hands were a confused mess, one of them gripping Mark's waist, the other tugging and entangling itself in his thick hair, and they switched, taking their time to run up and down his torso. He wanted to make sure this was real, and the way that Mark was simply pulling the energy and air from him made him think that it might possibly be.
Jack pulled away, leaning his forehead against Mark's and panting. He swallowed, and Mark began laughing. After a mere moment, Jack joined him. The pair stood in the hallway, laughing, entangled in one another's arms, and Jack rested his head against the other man's chest. After a few moments of just standing there, revelling in the other's appearance, Jack took a couple of steps back.
"How nice of you to bring me my flannel," he said, bowing and grinning. "Won't you come in?"
"Maybe for a little while." Mark said, dragging his suitcase into the house and joining in the grinning. "A couple of hours, maybe days, weeks. Who knows?" Jack laughed, shutting the door and locking it before turning to Mark. He wrapped his arms around the man, pulling himself close and nuzzling his face into Mark's neck. Mark chuckled. "It's late, we should be getting some sleep."
"You're tired? You have such a different schedule though." Jack said, frowning in confusion, but Mark smiled.
"The reason I haven't been talking to you much is because I've been rearranging my entire sleep schedule. I've been planning this trip." Mark pressed his lips gently to Jack's forehead before giving him a tired smile. "I'm exhausted."
"To bed it is then." Jack said softly, a smile tugging at his lips. He led Mark back to his room, and Mark set his stuff in the corner. Jack let him change, cleaning up his dinner before returning to the room to get into comfier clothes himself. After a debate about whether or not Jack should sleep on the couch, Mark insisted that they share the bed, and they both crawled in under the covers. Jack instantly curled up to the heater that was the other man, and shuddered in his arms, feeling safe and loved once more. "I'm so glad you're here." Jack whispered.
"Me too." Mark responded, just as soft.
"Mark?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you." Jack said, and he could feel Mark's smirk against the top of his head where the man placed his lips slowly, gently.
"I love you too, Jack."

To be continued...