Keep Away

You guys are seriously going to love this chapter by author144 :D

"Ten bucks says we can keep them away for at least half a day." Bob said, glancing over at Yami and Wade, who looked at him in unison. Wade frowned, and vaguely gestured towards Mark and Jack, who were standing with their backs turned to the group, talking vibrantly about the convention they were at and looking around in awe of the place.
"Those two you mean?" he asked, confused, and Bob nodded matter of factly.
"They've been glued to each other ever since Jack got here, so again, ten bucks says if we work together we can keep them apart for at least half a day." Bob repeated, and Wade frowned again, opening his mouth to object when Yami interjected.
"Nah." Yami said, shaking his head and glancing at the pair. This filled Wade with relief, as he hadn't wanted to torture his friends, only to be startled by Yami's next words. "I say twenty dollars we work together and we can keep them apart the whole day." Wade's jaw dropped, and Bob laughed, staring at his friend.
"I'll tell you what, if we keep them apart the entire day, I'll buy dinner for us all personally." Yami glanced over with a grin, and the pair shook on it. They both glanced at Wade, eyes landing on him with an eagle's glare and the intimidation of a wolf. "So, Wade, are you in?" Wade swallowed nervously, and glanced at the pair.
"I don't know what this will accomplish, but I'm not going to turn down the possibility of free food." Wade said, and Bob and Yami put their arms around him and drew him into a tight circle as though he had just joined a devious, covert mission. What had he gotten himself into?

....

"I'm hungry, I think I'm going to go get some food." Mark announced, scratching the back of his head and glancing back towards Jack, who grinned brightly. His blue eyes reflected the color of his blue sweatshirt, and his smile was adorable, making Mark blush as he realized where his brain had just gone. He whipped around, turning to the trio he had unintentionally forgotten about. "You guys want any food?" he asked, and he saw Wade open his mouth only for what appeared to be Yami elbowing him, although Bob stepped in the way and it was really impossible to tell what had happened. He frowned, leaning to the side to get a better view, but Bob wrapped an arm around his shoulders and nodded.
"You know, I'm pretty hungry too. I think I'll tag along with you," he said, and dragged Mark away before he could say goodbye or offer the journey to anyone else as well. "Are you excited?" Bob asked, dragging Mark's thoughts from what Jack might want to eat.
"Extremely. Today is going to be stress free, and all about the fun!" Mark said, a smile on his face as he imagined how the day would go. Jack was here, in America, for a short amount of time. He was going to make the most of it.
"Indeed, my friend. Indeed." Bob said in an oddly ominous voice, and Mark turned to his friend but he was already staring up at a menu on a small fast food-selling cart and was wondering what to buy. "What kind of food are you getting? A pretzel sounds delightful to me." Mark had to shake the frown off his face as he stared at his friend and the odd behavior he was emitting. Rather than question it, he turned back and got a pretzel with Bob. They strode back to their friends, talking of the decoration and of the format of the convention. When they returned, Mark was disappointed to find that Jack was no longer standing there.
"Where did Jack go?" Mark asked, and Wade pointed behind him. Mark turned, looking at the entrance to a pair of bathrooms, and turned back when he heard Wade groan in pain. Wade was doubled over, and Yami stood next to him.
"Wade is being a jerk, Mark. Wade, you should know better than to play jokes." Yami stood upright, and pointed in the opposing direction that Wade had, behind the pair. "He went over there, dragged away by a group of fangirls. He told us to tell you to go after him so he didn't get lost." Mark nodded, looking concerned and handing Wade his pretzel and walking in the direction Yami had gestured.
"Ooh, food." Wade said, and Yami ripped the pretzel from his hands before he could eat it.
"You don't get food after almost screwing us up!" he said, taking a large bite as Bob finished his and Jack returned.
"Hey, Bob." Jack said, noticing that the man had returned without Mark at his side despite the fact that the pair left together. "Where's, uh-.. Where's Mark?" he asked the question almost sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck nervously, and Yami and Wade shared a knowing look as Bob smiled.
"Yah, I dunno. The strangest thing happened.We were at the food court, and I got my food. Mark was taking forever and he just sent me back saying he'd follow, but-.." Bob feigned faltering in worry."He hasn't returned for awhile."
"Yah, maybe we should go and check on him." Yami offered, and Wade opened his mouth to say that Mark was headed towards the far corner when Yami slapped his hand over the man's mouth. Jack was oblivious to this, his body turned towards the food vendors. He waved the trio off, glancing back briefly as Yami retracted his grip.
"Don't worry about it, I'll go locate Markimoo," and the Irishman set off towards the food court. Bob stood, feeling rather proud of himself as Yami glared at Wade, who only shrugged.
"You guys don't think this is even a little bit mean?" he asked, and Bob and Yami laughed in unison.
"No way, this is funny as hell!" Bob exclaimed, and retracted his laughter as Mark returned, running a hand through his thick, unkempt dark hair.
"Hey, I went all up and over that place, but I couldn't find Jack anywhere." Mark said, his voice sounding stressed and full of worry.
"I know why!" Yami said, jumping the gun and pointing to the left of the group past Mark's head. "Jack went in that direction, looking for you. We said that you weren't here, and you'd gone after him, and then Wade over here pointed him in the wrong direction and he was off like a rocket." Yami said, looking at Wade condescendingly.
"Yah, Wade." Bob said, trying to hold back his laughter.
"Wade." Mark whined through a sigh, and shook his head. "Nevermind, I'll kick your ass later. I'll be right back," and Mark quickly shoved his way through the crowds in the direction Yami sent him off in. They both looked at Wade and laughed.
"You guys are blaming everything on me!" Wade exclaimed, and the pair laughed harder, clapping him on the back.
"Just know that we love you, Wade." Bob said, and Wade shrugged himself out of their grasp.
"Yah, whatever!"

....

The rest of the day had been nothing but a continuation of the gang sending the pair on useless errands and giving red herrings about where the other might be. Yami and Bob laughed the entire time, thinking themselves nothing less than comical geniuses. Wade still thought it was a bit mean to keep two people who rarely get to the other away from one another, but this only furthered Yami and Bob's plans to use him as a scapegoat. The only other reason to do so was that on several occasions Wade had almost made the pair run straight into each other, his memory confusing who had gone which direction and when, and Yami chastised him playfully for his terrible work.
It was nearing time for the convention to end, and Bob and Yami had a singular, final trick up their sleeve.
"Alright, here's the deal." Bob said, pulling the gang in close after lifting his head one last time to make sure neither Mark nor Jack were on their way back to them. "We're going to let the pair come back, and as soon as they see each other, we're going to take this microphone," Bob showcased the instrument to them, turning it on and back off as the speaker nearby clicked with static. "And we're going to announce Jack's presence. If all goes as planned, the fangirls will swarm him and surround him before Mark can get to him, and it should top off the last five minutes we've got here." Yami nodded, and the pair clapped before standing; Bob handed the other man the microphone, and motioned for Wade to follow him. Mark was walking up to Bob, his face tired and he appeared exhausted.
"I don't know how Jack has been missing the entire day, but I'm really worried about him." Mark said, his voice flat but thick with worry. "I can't even think without-!" His eyes widened, and Bob and Wade turned to find Jack at the base of the stage that Yami was clambering onto. "Jack!" Mark exclaimed, waving to the man who looked ready to sprint over at the speed of light. But Yami was faster.
"And this is Jacksepticeye, an Irish YouTuber who will be leaving shortly after this!" Yami shouted, gaining Jack and everyone else's attention. "Can we get a group hug from the fans for him?" Jack's blue eyes landed on Mark before a large crowd of screaming fans mobbed him. Bob slapped a hand over his mouth to stifle the uncontrollable laughter bubbling inside him as Mark launched himself towards the crowd of people. Bob finally lost it as Mark disappeared through the throng of people, and Wade shook his head with a smile as Yami pointed at the clock, it reading 9 o'clock in the evening: the end of the convention.
The security guards finally came over to the mob of fans and began separating them from the Irishman, sending them towards the exit as the convention was over anyway. People began disappearing, and Bob, Yami, and Wade waited beside Mark until everyone was gone and a very ruffled Jack was standing by himself. His clothes were out of place, his hair fluffed up and crazy, and he looked as though he'd seen hell in all its glory.
"Holy shit!" he squeaked with his Irish accent, and Mark ran and hugged him, and the pair just stood there and held one another.
"Whelp." Bob said after a few moments of silence, pulling his car keys out and walking towards the door. "I guess dinner is on me." Mark frowned at these words as Wade and Yami high fived, and despite the fact that he and Jack didn't let go of each other, they glared accusingly.
"Did you have something to do with the reason we couldn't find one another?" Mark asked, eyes narrowed, and Jack glanced from Mark to Yami and Wade as Bob walked out the door. Yami and Wade exchanged a single glance before turning and sprinting after Bob.
"Get back here, you asses!" Jack shouted, and Mark and the Irishman gave pursuit.
"Bob!" Yami shouted, his voice echoing through the large convention area and out the door into the parking lot. "Start the car!"