Bathroom Meetings (#1)

Seven thousand. Seven thousand votes. We're even a few hundred away from 100k reads too. Guys, this is...incredible! I just can't believe that we got so far! I'm so astonished that this is happening, and just...wow...this is fucking amazing.

I'm so happy to have all you in my life. Without you guys, I'd be so lost. With all your hilarious, nice, and lovely comments you leave and the wonderful things you guys say, I just feel so damn special. You all mean the world to me, and thank you so much for just being a part of life. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I love you guys so much <3

(also, please look at the photo I added because it is beautiful and sO TRUE)

Mark knew it probably wasn't the brightest idea, but doing that would surely be some sort of a benefit for him. He never liked skipping class-he always felt uneasy about it-but he had to make an exception this time. He'd rather hide in the bathroom for the rest of the period, rather than bursting into tears in the middle of class.

Mark had no idea why he felt that way, but he settled with the answer that this feeling had something to do with his dog, who had passed away a few days ago. Going to school after the incident had perturbed him, fearing that he would have to bring up the loss of his dog if he happened to come across the topic whilst talking to someone. He wanted to avoid thinking or talking about his precious dog, but only until he was in a secluded place by himself.

He leaned against the wall of the bathroom, deciding whether or not he should lock himself in a stall and cry. Before he had the chance to do anything, another student walked in. They swiftly moved past Mark, most likely trying to avoid conversation. Mark, on the other hand, decided to start talking to the unfamiliar guy. He hoped that it would help ease his pain so he could get back to class in time.

"Uh, Hi." Mark said, already feeling the awkward tension build up. He waited patiently for the student to reply, but he didn't, so Mark continued to speak. "My name's Mark."

"I know. I literally sit right behind you in the class where you almost cried."

"Cried? No, you got it all wrong-"

"Afraid not, Mark. You looked like you were going to fall on the ground and start sobbing when you asked Mrs. George (aka one of the best teachers I've ever had) to be excused."

"Oh... Did anyone else notice?"

"I'm pretty sure everyone noticed."

"Well shit," Mark sighed, "What's your name?"

"Wow, I feel so damn special. Thanks for not noticing me, Mark. My name is Sean."

Mark felt guilty for not remembering his classmate's name, but he hoped that the name sounding very familiar to him after Sean had said it would count for something. Mark was undoubtedly not the best at remembering names, but saying that to Sean would most likely be looked at as a poor excuse for forgetting about him.

"Ah, shit, Sean. I'm really sorry-"

"Don't be," he laughed, but the smile on his face had faded, and he spoke in only a soft mutter. "Nobody remembers me."

"What's that?" Mark asked, oblivious to what Sean had whispered.

"Nothing, Mark. It's, uh, nothing."

"Well, okay-" Mark was interrupted by the sudden ringing of the bell. Mark hadn't spent much time in the bathroom, so he was quite surprised to hear the bell ring. "Shit!"

Sean ran out of the bathroom in a rush to grab his stuff, hurrying to make it to his next class in time. Mark-being the baby that he is-was only slightly offended that Sean left without saying goodbye. He entered the classroom to grab his stuff, receiving an angry glare from his teacher. Mark walked down the hall, his memory of talking to Sean slowly clearing out of his mind as he prepared for the rest of the day.