Valor (#1)

HELLO! WE HAVE FINALLY RETURNED AFTER YET ANOTHER TWO MONTHS OF NOT UPDATING!

I know you guys are probably sick of all these apologies, but I truly am sorry. I expected to be writing more now that it's summer, but I guess I took a little too much advantage of my free time. Though I've been a little active on Wattpad, I've still missed you guys. But here I am, finally providing a chapter for you to enjoy (I've been writing this for hours and I'm kind of tired, so I'm really sorry for any mistakes that were made)!

But before we get into that, I just want to take a moment to thank you lovelies for being so fantastic. This story has reached over 660K READS and 36K VOTES! That's more than half a million, which is absolutely insane! And 36K? Just...wow. Don't even get me started on how grateful I am for that. That's more than I have ever dreamt of achieving, and I could never thank you all enough for spending your time reading and voting for what Jay and I have to offer. I could have never done this without you guys being so amazing and without someone so extremely talented working by my side. I will never be able to fully express the infinite gratitude I have for everyone. Thank you all so much <3

Anyway, as most of you probably know, Valor is a team on Pokemon Go. In light of the game's release, I was hoping to do a 3-part mini series that deals with the definitions of the team names. I'm starting with Valor because that is, in fact, my team. But despite what team any of us are on, I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

(p.s. this is an AU where Mark can drink without dying alright alright alright)

great courage in the face of danger, especially in battle

Mark tried not to stare, but he couldn't help himself. Her annoying voice drew his attention to her mouth and the obnoxious words that were flying out of it. He noticed the guy in front of her, shrinking down in his seat and trying to wiggle himself out of her grasp. But she had him pinned down with her hands gripping his shoulders.

"Come on, baby." Mark heard her say. "I want you. Just let me have you. I know you want me too."

"Please go away." He said, his voice barely audible from across the bar. With all the people inside the place, Mark was shocked that not one person stepped up to help the poor guy.

He looked miserable.

He had vibrant green hair and a face that you just couldn't ignore. But even with looks like that, it was obvious that he wanted to be left alone, and the girl attempting to throw herself on him couldn't understand that. Mark cringed a little every time she tried to climb on top of him. Thankfully, the guy pushed her away, but he was too polite to make her stop. He was being too nice and feared hurting her more than he feared what she would do to him.

She began grinding on him, so he took his chance to stand up and escape. However, she was quick enough to notice this and pushed him back down on the chair. If Mark had the chance, he'd punch her for being so revolting.

Mark wanted to be this guy's Prince Charming. He felt sick to his stomach watching her torment him, and he could only assume that the guy felt even worse being stuck in that situation.

"Excuse me, lady," Mark said, hesitantly wrapping his arm around the stranger's shoulder, "are you flirting with my boyfriend?"

To Mark's surprise, the green-haired stranger leaned into him. Mark didn't know if he was just going on with Mark's act or relaxing over the fact that someone finally came to help him. "Oh, honey, it's okay. We were just having a little fun."

Mark didn't like the way her words slurred when she spoke. She was too drunk to be controlled easily, and that made her dangerous. "Well, I don't appreciate you coming on to my boyfriend."