Stars (#2)

It's been over a week since I last updated. But don't worry, cause I haven't forgotten about you guys and this story! Updates from me won't come very frequently, but I'll try my best to update at least once a week. I sadly can't make any promises, though.

Well, enjoy the chapter! I had a great time writing it, so I hope all you lovelies out there have a great time reading it! :)

Mark nearly fell out of his bed at the sound of obnoxious ringing. He let out a sigh as he reached over to grab his phone, annoyed that his evening nap was interrupted. However, his annoyance seemed to fade whenever Mark saw who was calling him.

"Hello?" Mark asked, his eyes adjusting to the light.

"You should come over!" Sean said as soon as Mark spoke.

"Wha–Why?"

"Cause we can have a bonfire! Just two guys being dudes; making smores, eatin' the smores, laughin' our asses off, watchin' the stars..." his voice seemed to trail off.

"Sean, dudes don't watch the stars together."

Sean laughed, "Well, they do now!"

Mark chortled, wishing he could see the smile on Sean's face. "I'll be over soon, alright? Text me your address."

"Okay!" Sean abruptly ended the call, his address soon being sent to Mark. He prayed that Google Maps would work just this one time, for the other times he tried using it, it had directed him to drive straight into a  tree. Luck seemed to be on his side tonight, though, and he easily drove to Sean's house without getting lost.

Sean had promptly opened his door and ran outside of his house at the sight of Mark pulling into his driveway. He decided to greet his friend with a heartfelt hug, one that seemed a little too sincere. Mark returned the hug fervently, and anyone who had seen the two men would've thought they were in love.

"C'mon, Sean, why'd you invite me over?"

He paused before replying, as if he needed to think a while for an answer. He giggled, "To Netflix and chill."

"Sean." Mark huffed.

"Uh, my family is goin' away for the week. I didn't really feel like goin' with them, so they just left without me. I'm just taking advantage of it, so they won't have t' hear the weird ass conversations we'll have."

"And? I feel like there's more to this."

Sean's small smile faded, dropping his arms and letting them fall to his sides. He looked away from Mark, but their eyes soon met when he looked up again.

"I'm alone. Y-You're my only friend, Mark."

"Are you serious?"

Sean tilted his head in confusion.

"I mean–look at you! You're so hilarious and kind and adorable; how come everyone isn't friends with you?"

He snorted, "Cause I'm the complete opposite of that. I'm loud and obnoxious and my face scares little kids."

"Baloney!"

"You're baloney, you wang!"

"You're the wang, you...wang!"

They both laughed, their bodies shaking. Mark worried about Sean and hoped that he was alright, but he didn't want to ruin the night already, so he didn't push his friend to saying more. When explaining to Mark why he invited him over, Sean left out the detail that Mark could easily get him to smile. A smile was all he needed, and even with the phone call, Sean was able to accomplish that. Without Mark, Sean feared that a frown would've been permanently glued onto his face.