The Alien Issue (Part One)

Start from the beginning

Leo found himself holding his breath as they were sent flying forward so fast that asteroids were a thing of the past, they may have it a couple, but at that speed the asteroid would've been the one to suffer. He looked down to the radar and breathed a sigh of relief finding their path was now clear of any obstructions.

They flew like that for about a minute or two before everything came to a complete and utter stop. Leo felt his seatbelt tighten around him but he sudden jerk caused his hands to fall from the control panel and the ship to begin to fall with it. Leo hurriedly grabbed the controls again and righted the ship.

"Mind helping me sir?" Leo yelled angrily glancing over his shoulder. When he did his answer dissipated seeing that Beckendorf was slumped over and his eyes were wide open but they weren't focused.

Leo cursed and quickly took the ship out of hyperdrive. His eyes flickered out the windshield and his eyes widened. "What is this planet system?" He didn't take the time to ponder his own question- he couldn't afford the time to.

They were still down an engine meaning automated mode was down, and here he was flying single handedly in a ship that required two to fly. Oh and let's not forget he had no clue where they were.

Curses spewed from his mouth rapid fire as his seat went back and forth as his hands flew across the controls. "I need to throw her into sleep mode so I can try to get her to stabilize and call for help," he mumbled to himself. "But if I leave my spot we free fall... who designed this stupid ship!" He shouted to no one.

"Valdez what is happening?" A voice asked from behind him. "What the- Beckendorf?"

"He's gone Jackson!" Leo shouted. "I need someone else to fly!"

"Let me help," Percy Jackson demanded.

"I don't have much of a choice but to say yes. Is Reyna and the Prince strapped in back there?"

"She's holding him down from running in here."

Leo didn't respond too busy running his hands over panels attempting to decrease their speed. "I need you take my spot here. I can only do anything if I take the primary pilot's seat."

"I've never flown anything this complicated."

"Time to learn then. Move him," Leo ordered he kept his eyes on what he was doing but he could hear behind him as Percy moved Beckendorf's body out of the way.

"Alright. What do I do."

"Just hold her here," Leo told him. Place your hands on top of mine and when I move mine be sure you're touching the console." Leo moved his hands into place and nodded at Percy.

After that Percy placed his hands on top.

"Okay. One... Two... Three!" When he yelled he jumped up from his seat pulling his hands back and Percy held the ship. The ship rattled for a second as it got used to its new pilot and Leo took the primary pilots' seat. "Secondary Pilot Leo Valdez assuming command," he said loud and clearly. "And Knight Perseus Jackson taking secondary."

"Authorized," a computer like voice responded and with that their seat automatically strapped both in.

With that done Leo looked at the new control panel in front of him. His fingers flew in front of him as he began to prepare sleep mode. He was so close.