The Word Cup

You are 18. Enjoy! Yn=Insert Your Name

Oliver's POV:

"There's a letter addressed to Y/n L/n," Carta says. It was a month later since my family was visited by Y/n's mum, Minerva McGonagall. I heard the Quidditch World Cup was happening soon and I quickly bought tickets to it for my family and Y/n. I'm stoked to see it. I mean a real live match! It was perfect! What could go wrong?

"Thank you, Carta?" Y/n says guessing the Mail Elf's name.

"You're very welcome Y/n!" Carta says scampering away. Y/n takes the letter and smiles. I saw she'd sent multiple letters back and forth using Carta and the house owl, Libera, the whole month.

"Good good!" Y/n says.

"What is it?" I ask as curiosity took over.

"Do you remember the letter I gave you?" Y/n asks.

"How could I not?!" I exclaim. Y/n gave me a letter with an application to join a professional Quidditch team which I hastily applied.

"Well, you didn't know what the team was right?" Y/n asked.

"No, I just got the application," I say.

"Well, here's the acceptance letter. Congratulations Oliver!" Y/n says happily kissing me. She then hands me the letter.

"Thanks Y/n!" I say. I open the letter to reveal the Puddlemere United crest. Oh, my bloody Merlin, I thought as I stared at the letter as my hands started to shake. The letter read: "Dear Oliver Wood, we are happy to announce that you have been accepted as a reserve keeper for the Puddlemere United team."

"Y/n! Oliver! It's time to go!" My father calls.

"Thank you so much!" I said shouting happily and jumping around like a child.

"Let's go to the World Cup, we shouldn't be late," Y/n says taking my arm.

Y/n's POV:

Oliver landed hard on his back groaning as I fell to his left.

"We really had to take a portkey?" I ask angrily as you stomp away.

"Y/n, it's ok. If only, you let me drive you on a broom..." Oliver trailed off.

"No and that's final. I could let you ride on Braveheart," I counter.

"Never!" Oliver says jumping away.

"They are so adorable!" Angela squeals.

"Indeed, they are. I can't wait for when she's a part of the family. They balance each other out very nicely," Charles responds.

"Y/neeee!" Oliver whines dragging me toward the opening.

Oliver's POV:

Once we got into the stands, I spotted my old seeker.

"Harry!" I call waving him over.

"Hi, Oliver! What's new?" Harry asks.

"I got signed onto the spot of the reserve keeper!" I say happily.

"Who are those two?" Harry asks pointing to my parents.

"My parents," I say.

"Hey Oliver, hello Harry! Are ya here with Ron and Hermione?" Y/n asks as she intertwines her fingers with mine.

"Yeah there over there!" Harry says pointing to the gaggle of red-heads and a brown-haired girl.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the Quidditch World Cup grounds! I suggest you go take your seats before there's more people coming!" An announcement yells.

"Let's go!" I say taking Y/n to the stands.

Y/n's POV:

After the game, the Irish won but like everyone predicted, Victor Krum caught the snitch. It was a bloody game were the Irish seeker broke his nose and the keepers were all weary.

"Oliver why are in love with this sport?" I ask.

"Because it's fun!" He responds.

"You could get killed!" I exclaim.

"So? That's the fun of it!" Oliver says.

"The fun of getting killed?! That doesn't seem fun," I say hugging onto his arm. Oliver and I were walking back to the campsite.

"I promise I won't getkilled," Oliver says kissing your cheek