Game Of War

Edited: 14 July 2020

Y/n's POV:

After the broom incident, I started feeling more like myself around Oliver. There was a Quidditch game now and I was going to see it. Maybe I was going to cheer on Elizabeth? or just to see Oliver? I couldn't figure out your thoughts about him. He keeps getting into my dreams and thoughts of him keep disrupting my concentration. I ran to the bleachers and grabbed a seat.

Oliver's POV:

"Go on. Eat!" I said to the team. None of them wanted to eat because of nerves. I finally got them to wolf down a small bit of the meal and then headed out on to the field, forgetting about mine entirely. I got the team ready and up early this morning so we could smash in a practice. I watched to practice and shook my head. I really wished we would be better but I'll work with what I've got.

"Let's land for a break!" I shout. I cut the practice short because the team needs rest and I want them the perform at the best they could. Also they needed to eat more. After a two hour break it was time to play.

Y/n's POV:

I watched from the stands as the game kicks off. One the hoot of the whistle, the quaffle is in the air and it's a battle royal between Slytherin and Gryffindor. It was going horribly. Gryffindor had made 2 goals and Slytherin was eating them up. I see Oliver doing the best he could but it wasn't enough. The Slytherin captain was hounding the goal posts and Elizabeth was cat fighting the Slytherin seeker for the snitch.

Oliver's POV:

'Why can't this damn asshole leave the goal posts alone!?' I thought in vein as Marcus kept pounding the quaffle into the goal hoops. "Elizabeth, get the damn snitch soon or we'll be creamed!" I shouted as she zoomed past me.

"Captain, I'm swear doing the best I can. Believe me!" She called back.

"Elizabeth! You go!" Y/n was chanting in the stands. I gave a tense smile to Elizabeth and she returned with a determined nod. I trust her of all the players to succeed. I focused on stopping all of Flint's attempts, but he was just too fast. I was beginning to get tired because of trying to stop Flint.

"Getting tired, ya old man?" Marcus sneered at me.

"In your dreams, ya buck toothed ass," I retort. Marcus laughed nastily and snatched one of the Slytherin beaters clubs. He saw a bludger heading it's way toward us and smashed the bat into it sending it straight for me. I felt the wind fly out of my lungs as the bludger hit my chest. I went spiraling toward the sand, smashed into the sand, and lay there dazed with a throbbing chest. I see my life flash before my eyes. 'Y/n , I never told you how much I love you,'  was the last thing I thought before darkness over took me.

Y/n's POV:

I noticed Elizabeth watch something and follow her gaze. I see the Slytherin captain hit a moving ball toward Oliver and see the ball smash his chest. I then see him spiral to the ground and lay there unmoving. Elizabeth looks enraged and snatches something out of the air: the snitch. Gryffindor won! The stands were cheering but you pushed you way toward Oliver.

"Is he breathing?" I ask Elizabeth.

"I think so, but go with him to the infirmary. Only one person is allowed to go and you're his friend," Elizabeth responds. I nod and follow the people carrying Oliver to the infirmary.