After the Game

Oliver's POV:

"Am I really too hard on the team?" I asked Y/n.

"Maybe a little but I don't think it was the reason Harry fell off his broomstick. I think the dementors took there took toll on him," Y/n responds. "Now eat," she says shoving a bowl of porridge toward me. Reluctantly I ate and immediately felt a little better.

"But was I stupid for wanting to brave the weather and have a game?" I asked.

"I think no one could tell what would happen during the match. I think it was a bit risky and daring, but I think your team did the best they could," Y/n says thoughtfully.

"I just hope the team doesn't hate me," I say.

"You looked so stressed. Why?" Y/n asks.

"I was second guessing myself the whole game. I wondered if this game was the worst thing I could do for them," I said. I rake my fingers through my drying hair and my anxiety rises.

"Are you afraid that no one likes you?" Y/n asks the dreaded question.

"No, I'm petrified that no will like me. I also am deathly afraid that people who I love will leave me. I also have Monophobia. My bogart is you but it used to be an isolated room with no one in there," I respond.

"Don't worry, I won't leave. But I don't think the team gets that you're afraid of being alone. I think they think you're more afraid of losing a game," Y/n says. I nod. I remember when I was in the showers, Fred started roaring about how stupid I was to tell Harry to catch the snitch or die trying.

"I'm so stupid!" I moan.

Y/n's POV:

"Stupid? I think you're really brave. Ask Fred or anyone on the team to captain on any day, I dare you. I bet they can't do it as well as you," I say.

"No, they'd do it better than me," Oliver says dejectedly.

"You don't get it, do you?" I ask.

"Get what?" Oliver asks.

"Don't you get how much responsibility it takes being the captain of anything?" I ask. "Moreover, do you even know how brave it is to be the head of the best team at school! No wonder you have stress," I say throwing my hands in the air.

"Oh," Oliver says sighing. "I need a cuddle," he whines wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Did your adrenaline fade?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm at an energy low," Oliver says nuzzling into my shoulder.

"Okay, love, go rest," I say walking toward the exit.

"No, you're coming with me!" Oliver says latching onto my arm.

"Fine, but on the couch. I can't go into your room," I say.

"We're 17! I think it should be fine," Oliver says. I nod and reluctantly follow after him.

Once at the door, Oliver opens the door to reveal multiple broomsticks stacked on to a holder and a shining broomstick on the top most rungs. I recognized it was the one I gave him last winter. Percy comes in and looks at the two of us.

"Once you're done, burn the sheets," he said before he walked out. I feel my face heat up.

"Huh?" Oliver asks.

"Nothing, he said nothing you need to know," I say as the heat from my face cools down.

"You were blushing, what'd he say?" Oliver demands tiredly.

"More inappropriate stuff," I say laughing. Oliver sits on the bed and kicks off his shoes. He pats the area next to him. I sit down, and he leaps up and takes my shoes off for me.

"You know, I could've done that," I say.

"So? If I couldn't have done that, what kind of a man would I be?" Oliver asks.

"A man who doesn't have to do everything for me," I say. Oliver lies down and in a few minutes is fast asleep.