The Game Of Confusion

You are in your fifth year. You are 15. Enjoy! Y/n=Insert Your Name

Edited: 14 July 2020 (putting it in first person, checking grammar, and adding minor details)

Y/n's POV:

'What the bloody hell was I thinking! Why did I say I was going to try out!' I think to myself as I trudged to the field. I was in my fifth year and my best friend, Elizabeth Luminous (aka AvengersHufflepuff), talked me into this. I watch her as she runs up to me.

"Hey Y/n, what's up? Coming to try out?" She asked.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered out spotting a special someone on the field.

"Whatcha stuttering about?" Elizabeth asked. I, knowing that she was a tricky little friend, groan as she knew I had a crush on her Quidditch captain. She jogs ahead pulling me further onto the field. I was not athletic at all, Elizabeth was. She looks back to see me stumbling my way across after her. She flashes me a cocky smirk and continues to drag me until she lets go and sends me flying into the Gryffindor Quidditch captain. I and the captain both crash to the field and lie there stunned. I quickly realize I'm on top of someone and scramble to get off. Once off, I see it's my crush and run away dragging a howling-with-laughter Elizabeth with me.

Oliver's POV:

I was walking across the field to scold Elizabeth for coming late when I spot her with a beautiful girl with long black hair. She was chatting with the girl and laughing with her. Then Elizabeth spots me and grabs the girls hand and drags her across the field. The girl is staggering like a new born fawn on ice, and I inwardly 'aww' but I can't help it. She looks adorable and I can't wait to talk to her. 'Maybe she'll be as interested as me about Quidditch as I am into her,' I thought. I got so caught in my thoughts about her I didn't see she was in my path. WHAM, I crash into her and she smashes into my chest and I fall on to my back. I was about to ask if she was okay, but she jumps up and scurries away dragging Elizabeth along with her.

Elizabeth's POV:

"Elizabeth!? What the heck? You know I like him but seriously, why did you do that?!" Y/n yelled. I had seen the way she looked at Oliver during class, so it was quite clear she liked him. Y/n was pacing the hallway and yelling inaudible swears and complaining what stakes were being held as a friend. I let out an audible chuckle. 'These two are hopeless,' I thought to myself.

"Luminous! There you are! Haven't you forgotten we have practice?" I heard Oliver's weird clipped accented voice ring out. I turn around to see him striding toward me. I grab Y/n and pin her to the wall.

"I can't believe you would do that to me. I wouldn't do that if I saw your crush. I mean the captain wouldn't even like a girl like me. I don't even know his name! He's so amazing and awesome and I'm just...me. Your captain doesn't-What? What are you doing?" Y/n spits. I nod my head toward Oliver, who was now in earshot. She claps a hand over her mouth and runs away. That is, runs away in to the nearest brick wall. She falls down, gets up, and runs off to class.

Oliver's POV:

I followed the girl and Elizabeth into the hallway because Elizabeth had to train today.

"Luminous! There you are! Haven't you forgotten we have practice?" I shout out as I rounded to corner. I see Elizabeth grab the girl and roughly pin her to the wall and tense up. My heart starts pounding as I start to get mad somehow.

"I can't believe you would do that to me. I wouldn't do that if I saw your crush. I mean the captain wouldn't even like a girl like me. I don't even know his name! He's so amazing and awesome and I'm just...me. Your captain doesn't-What? What are you doing?" I hear the girl growl at Elizabeth. My heart stops pounding, and I relax. 'The girl doesn't know my name,' I think as I see Elizabeth jerk her head in my direction and the black-haired girl sees me and sprints into the nearest hallway wall. I chuckled quietly and quicken my step. The girl sprints off as I near a chuckling Elizabeth.

"Luminous, what are you waiting for? Let's go practice!" I snap at Elizabeth.

"Oh yeah, sorry, it's just you would look perfect together," Elizabeth says laughing and running toward the field.