Tell Me A Story

Minerva McGonagall's POV:

"M-m-mum!" Y/n says as she reaches out. "Don't leave me? Please, what have I done to make you leave?" She whimpers.

"Mum's not here, but I am," I respond.

"Professor McGonagall?!" Y/n says. She gets up and looks around.

"Oliver carried you back to the school and I brought you here," I explain.

"Oh, where's Oliver?" Y/n asked.

"Protecting the school," I respond.

"Were you crying?" Y/n asked. I hesitated.

"Yes," I replied curtly.

"Why? Are you injured?" Y/n asks getting worried.

"I admire you care but I am not hurt," I said. I remember how Freya would always worry about me whenever I'd do a mock duel or trip.

"Ok," Y/n says not really believing me. "You knew my mother, tell me what she was like? Tell me a story," Y/n says curling up in the couch I'd conjured up and laying her head on my lap.

"My father only remarried once and that was when I was ten. He married to this wonderful woman and brilliant witch by the name of Margret Hornsea. She and my father had a child named Freya the next year. My mother passed while giving birth to me, so I loved Margret like a mother that I never had. While I grew up and worked for the Ministry, Freya became a healthy child. When I turned twenty-one, I came back to Hogwarts and started my career on transfiguration. I taught my sister and her good friend Lily. When she grew up, she fell in love with Peter Pettigrew. They got married and had you. She then left Peter and remarried to a muggle man. The one you call your father. When she died, you second father strived to keep you away from magic, so you wouldn't get hunted down by your birth father. Your second father and mother strived to keep you safe. I only got to see you three times before Hogwarts. Once when you were born, two when you were five and three when you were ten," I explain.

"When I was born, what was I like?" Y/n asked.

Y/n's POV:

"You were the most charming child in the world. Your eyes sparkled when you opened them for the first time. Guess what the first thing you did?" Professor McGonagall asked. I watched as her eyes light up as she described my mother and when I was little. I smiled because she really looked like a grandmother coddling her favourite grandchild.

"What?" I asked.

"You laughed. You laughed and laughed and laughed. It was as if you were so overjoyed to be alive, nothing could ever ruin the moment!" McGonagall said as her eyes sparkled.

"I bet," Oliver's voice said behind me. I jumped and turned around.

"H-how long were you listening?" You asked.

"I heard the whole thing," Oliver responds casually.

"OLIVER!" I growl whacking his shoulder.

"Aye! Enough! I'm exhausted!" Oliver complains.

"This was personal!" I continue.

Oliver's POV:

"This is what I get for saving you. A whack in the shoulder and get yelled at. I was asked by Dumbledore to come here," I explain.

"Oh," Y/n says looking downcast.

"It's fine, love," I said and then clapped a hand over my mouth.

"It's fine Mr. Wood. Just stay focused at the task at hand and go out and repel dementors," McGonagall says. "Y/n can go to. But do be careful with her and please on your life, protect her. I can stand it if I lost her. Especially at your hands," she adds.