The First Date

Edited 14 July 2020

Oliver's POV:

Y/n sighs and grabs one of my favourite sweatshirts: the Puddlemere United 2006 World Cup which they won I might add. Y/n looks amazing in my sweatshirt too. Plus, I like how it's sleeves were hanging feet off her arms and over all gigantic on her. I smile warmly and kiss her forehead gently.

"I thought you'd kill me if I took one of your favourite sweatshirts!" Y/n exclaims as she dances out of my grasp.

"No, it look perfect on you. I like it better on you," I respond.

"Thanks!" She squeals. I take her hand and direct her out of the house.

"Where are we going?" Y/n asks after an hour of walking.

"To a place where only I know of," I respond.

"Oh goody! You're going to kill me walking and then go to the family cemetery!" Y/n deadpans with mock excitement.

"Oh c'mon, slow poke. I wouldn't kill you. And no, it's not the family cemetery. Why'd you mention killing you?" I ask.

"Because do you know how much I walk?!" Y/n asks glaring at me.

"Not a lot from what I hear," I answer.

"Okay then where?" Y/n asks.

"Not gonna tell you."

"Why?"

"Because," I grin.

"Because," Y/n mocks as she stomps away.

Y/n's POV:

'What's so special about this place anyway?' I think to myself as Oliver keeps dragging me toward an open section of the park. I could see the city from here as the day light faded into darkness. I watched as the sun dipped down, the lights of houses started to click on until the whole city was a collage of lights. I looked at Oliver and smiled brightly realizing that this was why it was a special place. Oliver wraps his arms around my waist and nuzzles into my shoulder.

"Only you and I know this place," Oliver whispers.

"Wow, it's so beautiful!" I whisper back, entranced by the sight.

"No nearly as beautiful as you," Oliver says before planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I wish we could stay this way forever," I sigh.

"It will always be in your memory," Oliver suggests.

"I'm cold now," I whine.

"Then let's move and go home."

"But you're really warm! I don't wanna move!"

"Well, you won't get anything to eat then," Oliver says getting up.

Oliver's POV:

'It's adorable when she whines like that!' I mentally exclaim. I wiped off my seat of my pants and held out an arm to help Y/n up. She reluctantly grabs on to my arm and pulls herself up.

"Don't wanna move," she whines.

"I know but let's get dinner cuz I bet you're starved," I suggest.

"Yeah I guess," Y/n says as her stomach growled. I chuckle and direct her to a café where we sat under a rooftop of lights.

Y/n's POV:

I gasped at the many strands of lights canopying across the sky.

"What do you want to eat?" Oliver asks.

"Uh Hamburgers?" I ask.

"Ok," Oliver says then orders.

After a dinner under the canopy of lights, it was time to head home.

I smiled as a brisk walk through the Queen's Park and a long elevator ride led us back to Oliver's home.