A Werewolf's Tale

Y/n's POV:

I was walking into Professor Lupin's classroom to ask for a copy of notes when my animagus powers detected a werewolf. I start sniffing the air and slow my walk. I enter to see a rather tired looking Lupin and a disgruntled Harry. I also noticed a dementor in the room. I'd learned the charm incantation a few years ago.

"Expecto patronum!" I growl at the dementor that was advancing on Harry. My patronus took the shape of a fox and went chasing after the dementor and drove it back into an open briefcase. Lupin snapped the case shut and set it aside.

"Excellent, Ms. L/n. who taught you the incantation?" Lupin asks.

"Professor Flitwick, why are you teaching Harry the patronus spell?" I asked.

"I want to continue!" Harry whines.

"I think it's time for you to go," Lupin says gently pushing Harry out of the door and closing it.

"Why are you teaching Harry?" I ask.

"He wanted to be prepared for the next match. Anyway, I'm glad you came spontaneously because I want you to help me with a task only I can trust you with. I have suspected you are an animagus, are you not?" Lupin asks.

"Yes, I am a fox to be exact," I say.

"What are the markings the differentiate you from the crowd?" Lupin asks. "Change," Lupin says. I do as he says, and he walks around me examining me closely and after a few moments, he gestures me to change. I transform and see Lupin writing into a notebook.

"What markings do I have?" I ask.

"You have a ring around your neck with an O in the center. What does the 'O' stand for?" Lupin asks.

"Oliver," I said.

"That is why. When you are dating or married to a person and that person is still living, you will bear a mark, usually a collar like thing that has the first letter of their name. It starts to glow when they are near," Lupin says. "James always had an L over his heart when he was dating Lilly. It also glowed when he was around. Anyway, as your animagus has picked up, I am a werewolf," Lupin stated.

"Uh, yeah why does it do that?" I asked. I was confused about who Lilly or James were, but I was more confused about why my senses were picking up werewolves.

"It picks up any sign of a human animal. It also picks up vampires. It's a nifty tool so do pay attention to it," Lupin says. "Now the reason I was a way was it was that time of the month," he adds.

"Your period?" I asked now utterly confused.

"Er...not quite, I mean when the moon is full I transform. Snape couldn't produce the potion fast enough, so the shrieking shack screamed once again," Lupin said sadly.

"Oh, wait were you the one who caused the rumors?" I asked.

"My friends were the only other undocumented animagus I knew. They were the ones who snuck me out of the school and put me in the shack. I'd then change, and they would too. Even though it was painful, it wasn't lonely anymore. My so-called friend, Peter Pettigrew, would transform into a rat and touch the knot of the Whomping Pillow to freeze it. My good friend, Sirius Black, who is a dog, and James, who was a deer, would help guide me into the shack and would stay with me until I was safe, I'm sorry I just had to tell you before I give you the task," Lupin says looking down.