Parting Glass

Y/n's POV:

Soon it was time to leave the school. Other students in other years will be returning but I would not. It was a bittersweet time of the year. I walked around the dorm room and took note of all the nooks and crannies of the room. I smiled fondly at the bed I slept in for the last seven years. I trudged down to the common room before anyone was in there. I scanned the room lovingly with a sad smile as, this time I won't be able to come back to the school.

"It hurts," I hear Percy say behind me.

"I know, it's just, I can't believe I'm leaving...for good," I sigh.

"Hey, where's Oliver?" Percy asks.

"Probably playing one last practice with the team," I say smiling.

Oliver's POV:

I had gotten the team up early to play a practice and talk to them. The practice went surprisingly well, and I was content.

"Hey Oliver, what do you need to talk to us about?" Alicia asks.

"Well, I wanted to say a big thank you to all of you. I love this team with my heart and I want to thank you for making it so. I loved working with you all through thick and through thin. And through fun games and tough games. I'll miss this team so bloody much but continue to play with all of your hearts. I hope you have a great year of games next year and I try to come back to watch them," I conclude.

"Oh, Oliver! I'll miss you as our captain!" Katie says.

"I guess we'll miss you," the Weasley twins say.

"I'll miss you a lot," Alicia says as she begins to cry.

"It was nice working with ya, Cap," Angelina says saluting me.

"I'll miss everybody, because you all made me feel at home here, I love you all," Elizabeth says wiping her eyes. The team gives her a group hug.

"Oh, so you-" I start to joke.

"Come here," the Weasley twins say grabbing hold of me. We all hug and walk back just as the Great Hall was filling with students.

Y/n's POV:

"As a Hogwarts tradition, we will sing the traditional song 'The Parting Glass' to send the seventh years off on their way to the adult world. So let's sing!" Dumbledore announces.

'Of all the money that e'er I had

I've spent it in good company

And all the harm that e'er I've done

Alas it was to none but me

And all I've done for want of wit

To memory now I can't recall

So fill to me the parting glass

Good night and joy be with you all

Of all the comrades that e'er I had

They are sorry for my going away

And all the sweethearts that e'er I had

They would wish me one more day to stay

But since it falls unto my lot

That I should rise and you should not

I'll gently rise and I'll softly call

Good night and joy be with you all

A man may drink and not be drunk

A man may fight and not be slain

A man may court a pretty girl

And perhaps be welcomed back again

But since it has so ought to be

By a time to rise and a time to fall

Come fill to me the parting glass

Good night and joy be with you all

Good night and joy be with you all'

"Shh," Oliver soothed rubbing circles in to the small of my back as I hiccupped.

"I know, but Iwish I wasn't leaving already. I'll miss the school so very much," I saidas the students got ready to go to the train.