The First Of The Games

Oliver's POV:

I strut up and down the room waiting for the game to start. I tried to give the team my pre-talk, but I couldn't. I kept making gulping noises that sounded more like a fish dying than words. I took a deep breath and started again but reaped the same result. I tried to speak multiple times before I managed to get out a strangled "good luck". We walked out into the foul storm and I shook hands with Cedric.

"Hiya, Wood," Cedric says with a smile. I give a curt nod in response and grid my teeth. I don't really know why I'm so nervous about this game, but I can sort that out later.

"Mount your brooms!" Madam Hooch calls out and we were off.

I was watching the team play for the first half. I could see Harry wasn't doing too well because of the rain. He looks at me and I give the signal to have a time out. I see the team huddled in a group by the canopy covering a small area of grass.

"I can't see in these glasses. They're useless!" Harry grumps.

"Let me take them," the girl on the train said. "Impervius!" The girl hands Harry back his glasses and disappears.

"The was brilliant!" I say hoarsely.

"Time in!" Madam Hooch yells and we were off again.

Y/n's POV:

I was soaked to the bone by the torrential rain.

"I wonder how anyone can see through this storm!" I say aloud rhetorically.

"I know. I wonder if Harry can see!" Ron says.

"I cast a spell on them to repel water. It should work," Hermione says.

A few minutes later you hear Oliver yelling at Harry. Then you see Harry fall out of the sky. I jump the barricade and catch the boy before he hit the ground. He was freezing and shaking but out cold. I brought him to the infirmary while the team staggers behind me.

Once you get there, I placed him on the bed to the right of the door.

"I could've carried him," Fred says.

"It's fine, he wasn't that heavy anyway," I said.

"We lost?" Harry asks looking around.

"Yeah but it's okay! There will be times where you can't or don't do your best and that okay. You are human so don't beat yourself up too much," I say soothing the distraught boy.

"I can't believe it! I failed the team!" Harry moaned. I walked away to find Oliver because you realised he hadn't shown up yet.

A few minutes later, I found myself walking toward the team showers because you could've sworn you heard one still running.

"Oliver? Are you still in here?" I call out.

"Be out in just a minute," Oliver calls back. I could tell he had been shouting because his voice was strained. I hear the water turn off and a curtain screech open.

"What's wrong?" I ask aloud. I hear Oliver's bare feet paddle about the shower room. A whoosh and swish of his robes signal them being put back on. He then walks into view.

"Was I too hard on him? Am I that bad of a captain? Do I push them too hard? I'm a horrible person, aren't I? I can't do anything right! I thought I was good. I FAILED the team!" Oliver bellows and then notices me and looks away.

"Before you do anything, you need to eat," I say dragging Oliver to the Great Hall.

"I'm not hungry," Oliver yelps as his stomach thinks otherwise.

"No buts, you're going to eat because you need nutrition," I respond stubbornly.