The Flight

Oliver's POV:

It was the last trip from Hogwarts that I was going to partake in. I sigh and looked out the window.

"You ok?" Y/n asks. I nod shakily.

"What are we gonna do? What's life without Hogwarts?" I asked. I didn't show it, but I was nervous.

"You have Quidditch," Y/n says.

"I can play Quidditch, but, I mean what are you to do?" I asked.

"Probably hunt down my father and kill him," Y/n states.

"Your father's dead," I state confused.

"I thought so too, but not anymore," Y/n says sadly.

"Well, the ministry is always looking for new recruits," I say changing the topic.

"I know but I really don't know. I guess I'll figure it out," Y/n says sadly.

"Don't worry. We'll both figure it out," I say rubbing her back.

"When are you to gonna get married?" Elizabeth jokes as she enters the compartment.

Y/n's POV:

"Not anytime soon, I need a job and Oliver needs to figure out what he's gonna do before then," I say.

"I know! You've only flew once and that was at the school. I could teach you how to play Quidditch," Oliver says excitedly.

"Sure," I say nervously. The last time I flew at the school didn't make me like heights any better, but I didn't want to hurt Oliver's feelings.

"Great!" Oliver says happily.

"When do we start?" I ask already regretting the choice I made.

"As soon as we get home!" Oliver says grabbing my hand. I get my trunk and walk through the pillar with Oliver at my side.

"Hello, Y/n," Oliver's dad, Charles, said addressing me.

"Hiya dearie," Oliver's mom, Angela," says happily.

"Hello, Charles and Angela!" I say smiling.

"What's your plan for after Hogwarts?" Charles asks getting right to the point.

"Probably get a job. Dunno where it'll be though," I say sadly.

"Good that you are thinking about the future. What about you Oliver?" Charles asks his son.

"Sign up to play for Puddlemere," Oliver says. "I've always wanted to play for them," Oliver adds.

"I'm supposed to learn how to play Quidditch, though I may start working in the muggle world," I say.

"Why?" Oliver asks once we got in the car.

"I'm interested in the muggle gadgets. It's interesting," I say.

"Oh cool! Well, looks like we're here!" Oliver says indicating a mansion buried in the highlands of Scotland.

"Wow! So, what about the house in Glasgow?" I asked.

"It was only out home when I was going to school. Now, let's go fly!" Oliver says dragging me toward the fields.

"Oliver? I don't think I can do this!" I whimper.

Oliver's POV:

"Of course, you can!" I say encourage.

"No! No, I cannot! Oliver! Help me!" Y/n whines as I got out the broom. I will ride a Shooting Star with her because it's the slowest and most stable.

"You're gonna be okay," I say gently. I lay the broom at her feet. "Just say up!" I instruct.

"UP!" Y/n shouts out of fear. The broom rolls over and then whacks me in the face. Y/n giggles and roll my eyes.

"Comical much?" I growl at the broom as I rubbed my forehead.

"Up," Y/n says trying to contain her laughter. The broom leaps in her hand and I take the broom from her. I get on and hold the broom steady.

"Hold my waist okay?" I clarify. I feel a death grip around my waist in response.

"I-I guess," Y/n squeaks.

"I'm lifting off the ground now," I warn.

"Shitting fucking piss shit! I'm totally not gonna survive. I will join my parents in the sky. I love you Oliver and I made a brave farewell!" Y/n says gripping my waist tighter.

"Y/n! We're a foot off the ground and I can't breathe," I say as my sides begin to hurt.

"Sorry!" Y/n screeches.

"You really don't like heights, do you?" I ask.

"It's fine," Y/n says shakily. I push forward gently. The broom goes into a gentle glide. My feet bushed the ground, but I didn't care. I wanted Y/n to feel safe. I didn't dare any higher.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I want off right now!" Y/n says. I sigh but comply to her command. She gets off and staggers away from me.

"Y/n?" I ask.

"Don't ever let me on that thing again!" Y/n says hugging herself.

"Ok, Y/n come here," I said. She walks over to me and I pull her into a hug. We stayed in that position until the sun started setting. When I was a small I could walk but I preferred riding the broom. I clamber on as Y/n walked by my side.