The Silence

Edited 14 July 2020

Y/n's POV:

I walk away from the bathroom to see Jessi passionately kissing Oliver and Oliver seemed to be enjoying it too. I feel anger boil up at Jessi and extreme disappointment and pain towards Oliver. 'Why Oliver? Why did you do this to me?' I thought as I stormed passed the booth. I tried to keep the tears from falling because I didn't want to cause a bigger scene than I might've caused but failed when I crossed the threshold of Oliver's house. I walked into a person only to see Oliver's mother looking at you with curiously.

"Oliver-he-Jessi-kissed-pain-OLIVER-WHY?!" I blubber out.

"What happened?" Angela asks.

"Jessi kissed Oliver and he enjoyed it!" I exclaim.

"Want to talk about more privately?" Angela asks glancing at the door. I nod and allow Angela to steered me to the visitors room. After an hour of talking, when I finally calmed down. Angela and I decided it is better if I stayed in the visitors room and a little distance can heal this mess.

Oliver's POV:

After chasing Y/n to my house, I burst into to the living room and looked wildly around to find them.

"I think a little space between you and Oliver would be good. Let the tensions ease and then talk to him. Okay?" I hear my mum suggest.

"Yeah, you're right that would be best," Y/n's voice says.

"Should I go get your stuff?" My mum asks.

"Please?" Y/n asks. 'No! I need to talk to you! Please, I can-' I think desperately to myself but get interrupted by my mum.

"Oliver, you should leave her to sort out her thoughts," my mum says as if reading my thoughts. I numbly nod after hearing what she says. I walk to my room and sit on my bed.

"Why did I have to screw up?" I ask aloud.

"What's your side of the story?" My mum asks.

"Jessi kissed me and I tried to get out of her grasp!" I exclaimed.

"Leave some space between the two of you and see how it goes. I'd suggest: let Y/n come to you when she's ready," my mother advises. I nod again while wiping my eyes on my sleeve. I knew there were two months until school started. I hoped that I won't have to wait long.

Y/n's POV:

'I knew there were two weeks until school started but that's not enough time!' I thought to myself as I paced the room for the hundredth time. It had been six weeks since I talked to Oliver's mum and that incident. I had gotten my school supplies and was finishing up my summer work when I hear Oliver talking with his mother.

"This silence is killing me!" Oliver says. From the sound of his voice, he sounds like he had been crying a lot.

"Let Y/n come to you. In the meanwhile, focus on other stuff," Angela says.

"I know. I decided that the Potter kid should replace Elizabeth. Still have her on the team still as a reserve. She and Potter will both train at the same time, but Potter will play in the games. I also devised a new training program which means we will train five days a week and from 4 am to 10. This way the team will be able to win. Also, Katie owled me asking me out. Should I?" Oliver says.

"I would say no but it's up to you," Angela says.

"I'll say yes," Oliver says walking away. You sit on the bed and hug a pillow as you silently cry.

Oliver's POV:

I received an owl from an unknown place. I opened it. It read: Hey, Oliver, are you free? I was wondering if you wanted to go out for the night? Or just hang out for the rest of the summer? I want to see what you come up with for this years' Quidditch practice. I await your owl- Katie Bell

I quickly write back: Sure, I'm free tonight if you want to meet. Then I sent it off.

After a few minutes I receive a reply saying: meet you at the Leaky Cauldron. I walk to the fireplace and floo power my way to the Leaky Cauldron's fireplace. I see Katie walk in.

"Hiya Oliver! What's new?" Katie asks.

"Nothing much, how about you?" I ask.

"I'm good. I finally got a new broom last night, so I can play better. Oliver, are you okay?" She asks. I glance into the nearest mirror and it didn't surprise me. I looked horrible I had bags under my eyes and my eyes were bloodshot.

"Yeah I was devising a new plan do I didn't sleep for a while. I guess I was just so focused I forgot to sleep," I respond.

After a few hours of chattering I finally went home to see Y/n emerge from the room she stayed in.

"Had fun with your new girlfriend?" She spits at me.

"What are you talking about? I have a girlfriend but right now she isn't talking to me. I just hung out with a friend," I explain.

"Huh, I see," She responds shoving a note into my hands. "See you around." With that, she walks away leaving me staring at the note.

I unfold the note and read it. It reads: I hope you're doing fine because if you want end it, I'm sure you can find a better girl or guy that will be perfect for you. I'm sorry I wasn't enough. There was more but I couldn't take it anymore. I stood there with a waterfall of tears flowing my down my cheeks. 'I knew this would happen. She did say she'll stick by me until I don't want her, but I need her, so I can stay sane,' I thought.

Third POV:

Y/n reached for the nearest sharp object. She knew this would have consequences, but she wasn't thinking straight. "This is for you." Y/n as she presses it to a framed picture. She hummed and cried herself to sleep. Meanwhile Oliver isn't thinking straight. He runs to the kitchen and whips out a knife. 'Y/n, I will always love you,' is the last thought Oliver thinks before he passes out.