Truth Comes Out

Y/n's POV:

I take Oliver's hand as we walk to his car.

"Hello dearie!" Angela Wood greets us.

"Hi mum," Oliver says cheerfully.

"Oliver, you did, didn't you?" Charles asks.

"Did what?" I asked, clueless.

"Your ring," Oliver whispers. I look down and the it clicks.

"That is a beautiful ring, what is the animal?" Angela asks.

"It's a fox," I respond.

"Do you like the animal?" Angela asks.

"Yes, very much," I respond.

"Why do you like the animal?" Angela asks.

"Because it's like a part of me," I say.

"Really?" Angela asks.

"Yeah," I say.

"Should they know?" Oliver asks.

"I don't know what they'd do with an animagus in the household. Especially one that's undocumented," I say.

"Hide it?" Oliver asks.

"I don't know," I say. "I have to be in the form at least once a month, so it isn't painful," I add recalling McGonagall's instructions.

"Ok. Let me know when you are going to change. Then I can make up a good alibi," Oliver says.

"What are you to talking about?" Angela asks.

"Quidditch," Oliver says.

"Food," I say at the same time.

"Quidditch food? Wonder what that tastes like," Angela says teasing us.

"Quite leathery and prickly," Charles says joining in the fun.

"Dad!!" Oliver whines.

"Splintery don't forget," I add.

"Don't add in too!" Oliver sighs.

"Love you," I say smiling happily.

"I might," Oliver says winking at me.

"Hey! Don't steal my line!" I shout chasing him into the house.

Two months passed peacefully, and I'd let Oliver know when I'd transform but this time I forgot.

Oliver's POV:

"Hey, Oliver? Your friend hasn't come by. Why is the fox here?" My mother says.

"Because he dropped her off via my window," I say thinking of a quick lie.

"Oh, usually he would-" mum starts.

"I know. But he had to leave early. That's why he dropped her off," I explain dragging out the lie.

"Oh, okay. Where did Y/n go?" Angela asks. Y/n, who was at my side, lets out a whine. Apparently, she understood her name.

"I don't know. I think she wants a day to herself," I say.

"Oh, when did she leave?" Mum asks.

"Early this morning, why?" I ask.

"I didn't see her leave," mum says quietly.

"I'm sure she will come back. She's just going to be out but will come back. I think she wanted to visit Elizabeth," I say.

When the day was about to end, my dad came up to me.

"Is Y/n going to come back?" My dad asks.

"Yes, she owled me from her friend house saying she'll be home just in time for dinner," I say.

"Oliver, you aren't yourself when she leaves. It's been a whole day and I've caught you talking to that fox because you've got no one else. You really depend on her for company. Go out and have some fun!" Dad says urging me to escape from my solitary shell.

"I'm really fine," I say waving him away.

"I don't like that L/n girl. She's made you into your grandfather. I don't like it," my father says.

"She's right here!" I shout angry at him. I realized what I just said and clapped my hand over my mouth.

"Why did you say?" My father snaps.

"Nothing!" I respond a bit too quickly.

"Y/n is here?" He asks.

"No?"

"You just said-"

"I just say I wished she was here," I said.

"No, you said that she was here," my dad inquires.

"I am here now. What's the fuss about?" Y/n asks as she walked into the room.

"I know what you are, Animagus-" my father spits at Y/n.

"So, you do know. I just told Angela about it and she's okay with it," Y/n says. I stood there dumbstruck.