Practice and a Crush?

Edited: 14 July 2020

Oliver's POV:

I sigh for the fifteenth time during practice. The team wasn't ready for anything and the poor seeker just couldn't keep up. I was gripping the broom handle so hard that my knuckles were white.

"Come on Elizabeth! You can do it. Just put your mind into getting that snitch!" I hear. I looked down to see a tiny figure with y/h/c hair cheering Elizabeth on. I smiled.

Y/n's POV:

I see Elizabeth zigzagging this way and that way trying to get a snitch. It was a golden ball that was worth a lot of points. It usually kept the team from defeat. I started to chant out encouragement to Elizabeth, so she wouldn't get too discouraged. I knew she was doing her best. In a few minutes, the team landed and dismounted brooms and trudged into the locker room. I quickly ran towards Elizabeth and hugged her. She grunts and heads into the locker room. She emerges with her captain behind her, who looks beyond furious. I grab Elizabeth and hug her tightly.

"I don't know how you stay on a broom! I probably would fall off!" I exclaimed.

"I could teach you, you know. But, Y/n, you've always turned down my offers," Elizabeth laughs back. You've always been the one to cheer her up when she's down. She links your arm and skips away lunch.

Oliver's POV:

"Listen! If you don't get your act together, we will never win! I need to win at least once in my last years of school! Please! You want to win don't you!?" I shouted at the empty room in desperation as I paced the locker room floor. I finally marched out of the room right as Elizabeth came out in clean robes. The girl I saw earlier at practice bounces up to Elizabeth's side.

"I don't know how you stay on a broom! I probably would fall off!" The girl exclaims.

"I could teach you, Y/n, but you always turn down my offers," Elizabeth laughs back. Elizabeth's mood changed when she saw the girl, Y/n. She links Y/n's arm and drags her away. I watch Y/n's flowing hair as the girls run to lunch. I felt a nudge in my side.

"You like her don't you, Oliver?" George loudly asks me.

"I would like to say so, but I don't even know her. I just learned her name today," I respond. I walk slowly to the Great Hall. When I get there, the only spot open is next to Y/n.

Y/n's POV:

I was chatting away with Elizabeth and some of my friends when I felt the bench creak. I look to my left to see my crush sitting there. I must've had a look of horror for the captain looked at where he was and then looked at me.

"Is there something wrong? Should I not sit here?" The captain asks in a strong Scottish accent.

"N-no it's fine," I say looking down. I desperately avoided his gazed.

"Did I do something?" The captain asks.

"U-uh no. What make you say that?" I ask, feigning innocence.

"You're not looking anywhere but your feet. You also looked at me as if you were looking at your worst nightmare. Are you sure you are alright?"

"Y-yeah! Dang it, I stutter too much. Let me try again. I am perfectly fine. I'm just getting over a crush," I responded. I hoped he understood because to me, the words were rushed.

"May I ask who the crush is?" The boy asked. He seemed to be very interested in my crush.

"Yeah, but first, may I ask of your name?" I bargain. I didn't want to give it to him for free.

"Oh, right, where are my manners? I am Oliver Wood," the boy, Oliver, responds holding out his hand.

"I am Y/n L/n. I'd rather be friends with him first. His name is Oliver and the captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team," I respond, shaking it. I quickly finish my lunch and head to class, leaving Oliver's mouth gaping.

Y/n's POV:

"Well then, that settles it. She would like to be my friend first?" I ask aloud forgetting my lunch entirely. I pick my bag up and run to class. I grab a seat next to Y/n as I scuttle into Professor Flitwick's class.