Oliver's Past

Edited 14 July 2020

Oliver's POV:

I watched Y/n come out of the house with a smile on her face.

"What's funny? Is there something funny?" I ask, utterly confused. Then it clicked. "What did Uncle Ben tell you. I want to make it clear that whatever he said, it probably happened when I was little." I knew Uncle Ben was known to spill everything embarrassing to every girl who came to my home when he stays there.

"Nothing embarrassing, love," Y/n says.

"What'd he tell you?" I ask.

"To watch out for you," Y/n says. I step back. Honestly, I'm taken aback. I didn't think Uncle Ben would've told her. Y/n must've seen my face.

"Hey, did something happen that might've prompted him saying that?" She asks. I shake my head, reliving what that fateful day might've done. Y/n knows I need space, so she kisses my cheek. "I'll come out later."

Y/n's POV:

'I wonder what I said to make Oliver recoil.' I thought. I decided to seek out his mother and found her bidding farewell to Oliver's uncles James and Ben. I wait until she's done to find answers.

"Hello dear. Did Ben say something?" Oliver's mother, Angela, asked, reading my mind.

"Yeah he-" I start.

"Let me guess, I'm betting he said something about watching out for Oliver?" Angela says, surprising me.

"Y-yeah, how-how'd you know?" You ask.

"Ben doesn't like to let the past go especially when it comes to Oliver. It was terrible not to get you wrong, but Oliver almost died because of a silly mistake he made. Did Ben use 'off te walls'?" Angela asks.

"Yes, what does it mean?" I asked.

"It means: Oliver will get so worked up and in to whatever he's doing, he won't realize it could be fateful. I wouldn't have guess Ben would've told you. He told the last girlfriend Oliver had and that destroyed the relationship. The girl left Oliver, but I believe you are different. Please prove me right. Oliver needs someone to stand by his side," his mother said.

"Don't worry, Angela. I'll be with him as long as he needs. But what could've killed him? Was he in a game when the bloody moving balls tried to kill him?" You ask.

"Good guess but no. Believe it or not, Oliver used to hate Quidditch because Ben played professionally for the team, Puddlemere United. When Oliver was nine, he went to the game because Ben talked him into going with the promise of a puppy. Oliver never got the puppy but during the game, a fight broke out in the stands that Oliver was in. When one of the men was wounded because a spell hit him, Oliver jumped immediately to help the wounded man. Oliver didn't know that the man was a criminal. Was capable of killing, and about to kill Oliver. Oliver started to patch up the wounds and turned his back to the man. If it hadn't been for Sharon, Oliver wouldn't have survived. Oliver probably said Sharon had disappeared but in reality, she died saving him. Ben always was in love with Sharon so seeing her die to save Oliver, shattered Ben. They may act like they get along because Oliver didn't know why Ben distanced himself and just treated it as Ben always acted like that. Ben never realised my sister was trying to save Oliver so if Ben can help it, Ben will try to piss off and embarrass Oliver as a way of getting back at him. That's why Oliver probably recoiled. There's also another time but I believe this one is the one. Give Oliver space and he will be better," Angela said. I hugged her and nodded.

"That I will do," I said nodding. "Thank you for telling me."

"You should know the past......just in case you want to join the family long term," Angela says. I look down and blush.

"Mum! Have you seen Y/n?" Oliver's voice rings out.