I'll Always Love You

Edited 14 July 2020

Y/n's POV:

I trudge up the stairs that lead back to the house while Oliver trails behind nursing the quaffle thingy. I look back and chuckle at how childlike Oliver could be about the beat up, ragged, and tearing ball.

"Why are you laughing?!" Oliver whines exasperated.

"Because it's cute that you care about a ball more than me," I reply sarcastically.

"It's a different kind of love. Quidditch is something that I love in a way of physical pleasure. I love the feeling of flying and success when I win and cheer on a team when they win. With you, it's different. I am more connected with emotions and have a sense of what you need. That's all," Oliver says placing the ball back into a cabinet.

"Oliver! Charles! Y/n! It is time for dinner!" I hear Oliver's mother call out. Oliver and I sit next to each other in the quietist dinner I've ever had, I mean a funeral could have made more noise than this. I quickly finish my dinner and sit politely waiting for the others to finish. Oliver's father finally breaks the silence.

"I hear you are an excellent student," Mr. Wood says.

"Yes, currently I'm taking: AP Potions, AP History, AP Muggle Studies, Herbology, AP Care of Magical Creatures, AP Defense Against Dark Arts, AP Charms, and AP Transfiguration," I proudly respond.

"Good to hear. Are you on top of all you classes?" Mr. Wood inquires.

"Yes, I am except Herbology. I was thinking of dropping the course in the sixth year," I say.

"I see. Y/n, what made you interested in Oliver?" Angela asks making me nearly spit out my drink.

"Honestly, I had a crush on him since my third year. He has quite the fan club at school," I say making Oliver blush.

"Oliver, what made you fall for Y/n?" Angela asks Oliver making him choke on his food.

"I-I guess after we ran in to each other, I realised the boggart, I had was, Y/n. Remember when I was complaining my greatest fear was to a girl in pain?" Oliver asks after he coughed and swallowed.

"Yes, quite the gentlemen I dear say," Mr. Wood grumbled.

"I got a good look at Y/n and the girl I saw in agony was Y/n. It was her. I now think it is now a little creepy and makes me look like a stalker, but she doesn't seem to mind," Oliver says excitedly.

Oliver's POV:

"I still think you and Sapphire are great together. Actually, tomorrow you'll see Sapphire and go to Diagon Alley to meet her," my father says.

"WHAT?! How dare you mention her name!" I spit at my father.

"Young man! Don't you start talking about her like that! She is a beautiful girl and-," My father starts.

"Excuse me, but Oliver can you show me your room? I'm really tired," Y/n interrupts, timidly.

"Of course, I will," I said leaving the table.

"Are you really that hurt by her?" Y/n asks looking as if she was going to cry.

"It was the worst breakup I've ever had. I loved and put my heart into the relationship only to have it slapped back at me. I still can believe she would cheat on me with my best friend!" I growl.

"Oh..." Y/n says quietly.

"Don't worry Y/n, I hate her now so whatever my dad tries to pull, I won't ever go back to her. I hate her and frankly, it's for the best. It was only for a business thing between the dads. I reckon it's the same. Knowing she's a good actor, she'll beg and cry. Just be ready. And remember, whatever she tries to pull, I'll always love you."