Oliver (Y/n's POV)

Edited: 14 July 2020

"Oliver, please be alive!" I cried in desperation to his lifeless body. "Please just give me a sign that you are still alive." I had been sitting by his side for three hours straight and he hadn't shown any sign of life. I watched his broken chest struggle to rise and then give up and fall. I clasped his cold hands and began to imagine the worst. 'What would his parents do if he died? What would I do if he died. What if he did die? Even though I know him just a little bit, I feel like I've known him a long time. I never got to say I love you to him. I never actually got to date or ask him out!' I thought to myself. I drove myself to sadness with all the 'what ifs ' and now you couldn't take it any longer. I gently put my head on his right shoulder and wept. 'I can't do this. I need him here and at least alive. I just want him to know he won,' thought as I dried my tear-streaked face on the hem of my robes. I completely forgot about dinner as I was begging Oliver to somehow spring up and hug me. I knew he wouldn't wake up soon and I needed to go back to my dorm. I gently brushed the remaining sand off his forehead and gently kissed it. I got up and headed to the dorms.

Every day, I visited Oliver. I would bring him the stack of homework too. It was always a fruitless attempt, but it kept my mind busy.

"Hey Y/n, wanna go to Hogsmeade?" I hear Elizabeth call as I walked out of the infirmary. "I swear you live in the infirmary now." I let out a humorless laugh.

"I just wish he would wake up!" I say, angrily stomping your way to Hogsmeade.

"I know. You love him and he's unconscious. Tough luck in love," Elizabeth says. "Guess what?"

"What?" I asked.

"I got asked out by my crush!" Elizabeth exclaims.

"Merlin's fiery underpants!" I screeched. "Who is he again?"

"Percy, you know, the red head?" Elizabeth says.

"Ah yes the one who never shuts up, great match!" I joke, laughing.

"I'm glad you're glad. I'm meeting him at Hogsmeade and I didn't want to go alone. I also enjoy your company." I nod as I slip on the step. I end up falling but Elizabeth catches me.

"I swear the world is out to get me!" I yelped.

"If it is, I'm the one to catch you. Or maybe Oliver is," Elizabeth nudges my shoulder. I feel a twang of sadness as Oliver's name was mentioned but shake it off. I need to focus on my work and catch up with him when he wakes up. Elizabeth turns and hugs me tightly. She always knew when I was hurting. Elizabeth and I have been friends since I was six and the chemistry between the her and I was like we were adjoined and the hip.

"You need me to stay with you?" Elizabeth asks.

"What? No! You go have fun on your date and don't worry about me. I'll be fine!" I say.

"I'm worried about you. All you've done is stay in the infirmary and haven't eaten. I'll just tell Percy that I need time with my friend. He'll understand. I want to look out for you. Just until Oliver wakes up. Percy knows. He's Oliver's roommate and from what he tells me, Oliver is non-stop about you," Elizabeth says.

"Oh, I don't think he means it!" I laugh.

"Oh, I believe he does," we hear an unknown voice behind us.