Meeting Family

Edited 14 July 2020

Y/n's POV:

"Why hello there, Mark! Long time no see eh?" Oliver asks. I feel something run into me. I turn to see a little boy with blonde hair and warm blue eyes.

"Who are you?" The boy asks. Curiosity lit up in his eyes.

"I'm Y/n. I'm Oliver's-" I begin to respond.

"I know! You're Ollie's girlfriend! You're adorable! I totally okay-" the boy shouts jumping around.

"I think that's quite enough shouting. You're going to annoy everyone else," Oliver says, as his cheeks were going red.

"Aww! Ollie's red!" The boy screeches.

"Hey, I didn't catch your name," I say pretending I didn't hear Oliver say it before.

"I'm Mark. Mark MacLaggen. I'm Ollie's cousin and son of Ollie's Uncle Ben," Mark says skipping around.

"Hey, Mark? Who are you talking to?" A voice calls from the closet directly behind you.

"I'm talking to Ollie and Y/n. Why?" Mark inquires.

"Oh, I thought we were playing hid and seek," a girl, around nine, says removing herself from the closet. She sees you and smiles.

"Hey Y/n! This is Sarah Bennett. She's the daughter of Uncle James," Mark introduces.

"Hi Y/n and are you really dating Ollie?" Sarah asks.

"Yeah, it's cool, though right?" I ask.

Oliver's POV:

"Yeah it is. Oh! Ollie are you okay?!" Sarah asks me.

"Y-yeah why do you ask," I ask as my voice cracks with embarrassment.

"You're really red!" Mark shouts.

"Like really red. You could be the quaffle thing," Sarah observes.

"Hey! Don't tease Oliver!" Y/n grumbles.

"Oh okay," Mark whines. "But I was having fun!"

"Let's meet the rest of my family then," I say ushering Y/n into the family room.

Once we got there, I see my uncle Ben hunched in the corner around a Quidditch pitch.

"I see it runs in the family," Y/n says.

"Yeah, I know. What about you?" Oliver asks.

Y/n's POV:

"Football and basketball runs in my family. I suck completely at both though. I like to swim and equestrian sports instead," I respond.

"Ah, I see. What's basketbawl, fetball, and equestron?" Oliver asks curiously lacing his voice.

"Muggle sports. Football is when two teams kick a black and white ball back and forth between two goals. I'll show you what it is. Do you have an extra red ball thingy?" I say.

"Hello young lady," a gruff highland Scottish voice boomed behind me. I jump to find a short man and very round man. He looks around the ripe age of thirty.

"H-hi," I squeak.

"I'm Uncle James!" The man giddily roars.

"Uncle James, have you had a few fire-whiskies?" Oliver asks.

"Nope none at all, but thanks for reminding me about it," Uncle James says smiling.

"What was ma' brother talkin' about?" A small bubbly voice pipes up behind you.

"Fire-" Oliver starts.

"Ah yea, those damn fire-whiskies," a tall and slender man says. The man shakes his head. He looks around 27 and grins at me.

"Y/n, this is my Uncle Ben," Oliver then drops his voice. "He was married to Aunt Suzy over there"-Oliver points to a woman with dirty blonde hair-"but now he fell in love with my Aunt Sharon but as you know, Sharon's MIA so yep. That's my family," Oliver concludes.

"That's nice, I like your quirky family. Here's a deal, I'll show you football and you show me Quidditch. Deal?" I ask.

"Deal!!" Oliver's eyes lit up like a star filled sky.

"Nice ta 'see Ollie got himself a girl who can compromise," Uncle Ben said.

"DON'T CALL ME OLLIE!!! I permit the little ones to call me Ollie because they don't know how to say Oliver!" Oliver's yells stomping out of the doors.

"Ollie an' ye will be a good match. Take care 'o him. 'E tends ta' get a bit, ya know, off te' walls an doesn't pay attention ta 'is needs. Watch out fer' 'im 'fer me. Nice ta meetcha by da way," Uncle Ben says before striding away.