The Muggle's Game

Edited 14 July 2020

Y/n's POV:

"Let's choose teams," Mark says. "I'll captain one and you, Y/n can captain the other."

"Okay sounds fair!" You say. The teams were red versus green. Team red was led by Mark (goalie) and had Jack (defense), Max (defense), Sam (offence), and John (offence). Team blue was led by you (goalie), Dan (defense), Phil (defense), Jessi (offence), and Oliver when he joins in is the offence. For now, I play both goalie and offence.

"Alright! Captains shake hand?" Oliver asks impersonating Madam Hooch. Mark and I face each other and shake hands. Then the game when off.

"Max, what are you doing?! The goal is that way?" Jack yells as Max ran towards his own team's goal. He quickly turns around and aimed at me. I braced for impact as the ball when flying into my shoulder and then bounced out of the scoring area.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Oliver hollers from the sidelines hopping up and down with worry.

"Yeah Oliver, that's what happens in football," I yell back.

"You guys are too cute!" Max shouts making me blush madly.

"That brings us to the end of our first round. Say, Oliver, why don't you join in," Mark says.

"Alright, I will!" Oliver says vaulting off the bench.

"I have an idea! Why doesn't the losing team take the winners out to lunch since it's almost twelve," Jessi says. "The winners choose the place though."

"Sounds like a deal," I say grinning.

Oliver's POV:

I jump into the game when it's nearing the end of the last match. I look at Jessi and was wondering who or what the offence is. I watch Jessi kick the ball to me. I stop it with my foot and look at it.

"Kick it with your foot!" Max yells. I look at it some more and then nudge it sending it flying into the net between Mark's legs.

"Nice work Oliver!" Y/n shouts happily.

"You did it!" Dan and Phil shout.

"We've won!" Jessi smiles as she kisses my check.

"Well team, what would you like to eat?" Y/n says grinning. She didn't say anything about the kiss, so I assumed she didn't notice.

"Pizza!" Dan and Phil both exclaim.

"Seriously? Again?!" Jack whines.

Y/n's POV:

"What's pizza?" Oliver asks me in a low whisper.

"Your gonna find out," I proudly proclaim. "Man, I haven't had pizza in such a long time," I announce to the group.

"Why?" Phil asks.

"Dieting," I say thinking of a quick lie.

"I see. Well then, let's goooo!" John yells.

"Why are you excited? Your team is paying," Jessi says holding Oliver's hand. I notice that and give a little shake with discomfort. A permanent scowl appears.

"I know that! To the pizza parlor!" John yells in my ear.

At the parlour, you kept noticing Jessi was keeping to Oliver's side like glue. Oliver seemed to be a bit uncomfortable but tried to act like a muggle would by shimmying his way out of her grasp and making me sit on the other side of him as he plastered himself against the wall side of the booth.

"Finally I'm out of that situation," Oliver says grinning at you.

"I wonder why she's so attached to you?" I ask aloud.

"I dunno but let's try to enjoy the time together?" Oliver suggests.

After we all ate, I went to the loo.

Oliver's POV:

I watched as Y/n walked away as I'm already missing her.

"Hey, Oliver, what's your plans for the rest of the day?" Jessi asks as she slides into Y/n's vacant spot.

"I dunno, probably spend it with Y/n. Why?" I respond.

"Well if you ditch Y/n, we can go spend it at my house?" Jessi says nudging my ribs.

"And why would I ditch Y/n?" I ask.

"Well she does seem quite boring and if you spend time with me, you join the group. Deal?" Jessi says smiling.

"I kindly decline," I say seeing Y/n coming back.

"Well then I guess I have no choice but to do this," Jessi says still smiling. She grabs my head and kisses my firmly on the lips. I start struggling to get free, but I knew it only made it look like I was kissing back. I groan angrily and shove Jessi away, but I already saw the damage was done. I chase after a furious and hurt Y/n down the street.