Braveheart

Y/n's POV:

After breakfast Oliver does exactly what he told me. He ran up back to his room and came back out holding the shiny new broomstick.

"Let's go," Oliver say taking my hand. We walk hand in hand down to the barn and walk straight to the black Pegasus. She sniffs my hand and nuzzles it. Oliver sets his broom down and gets out an electric blue hackamore and hands it to me. I hold it out for the Pegasus to smell it. She nods her head granting permission and I slip it on her head. I get the neon green attachable reins and attach them. I then lead her out her of the stall and to a rail.

"I need a leg up," I say to Oliver.

"A what?" Oliver asks.

"A leg up. Can you hold my left leg?" I ask.

"Ok?" Oliver questions.

"Can you handle my weight?" I ask.

"Yeah, I've carried you before," Oliver responds grabbing hold of my bent leg.

"Good," I say as I push off the ground with my right leg. Oliver held me up high enough for me to swing my leg over the bare back of the horse.

"You-ungh-on?" Oliver grunts.

"Yep! Why are you clinging my-oh right! You can let go now," I say. Oliver let's go and I nudge the horse into a walk. Her wings flap impatiently. Oliver gets one his broom and follows me shoulder to shoulder.

"She wants to fly," Oliver says observing.

"I'll let her in a second. I want to see her gaits then I'll let her soar," I say.

Oliver's POV:

"I thought you were afraid of heights?" I question.

"I am but a horse is more supportive then a broom, so it doesn't make me as nervous," Y/n says smiling. I understand, the brooms are a bit too thin for a beginners' liking.

After watching Y/n work the winged horse for an hour, Y/n takes to the sky. She lets out whoops of joy as she circles my house. I fly up and join the laughing Y/n.

"You doing okay?" I asked her.

"Yep and I'll challenge you to a race!" Y/n says happily.

"Woah! What's with this new-found bravery?" I asked shocked.

"I don't know! But race you to the green post!" Y/n says pointing to a green post sticking out of the ground in the distance.

"All right," I sigh. "Let's go."

Y/n's POV:

Flying is really fun, I thought tomyself as the Pegasus soared toward the distance.

"What's are you to name her?" Oliver asks catching up to you.

"Dunno," I say thinking.

"You've really changed," Oliver says smiling.

"Oliver, get on," I say.

"Wh-what?!" Oliver asks panicked.

"It's really not that bad," I say.

"Nope, nope, nopeity, nope," Oliver yelps shaking his head rapidly.

"Hey, I rode the broom even though I'm scared of heights," I say.

"I don't want to," Oliver says looking down.

"Okay, love. You don't need too," I soothe.

"Nah, where should I sit on it?" Oliver asks.

Oliver's POV:

"Are you sure?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah I need to face one of my fears," I admitted. I climbed on to the Pegasus and griped Y/n around the waist with one arm and held the broom with the other hand.

"I have a name for her," Y/n says.

"What?" I asked.

"Braveheart! She makes me courageous and brave," Y/n explains.

"Sure, whatever you want," I say breathlessly because of fear.

"You're scared! I can believe the Oliver Wood is scared!" Y/n giggles.

"Hey! I'm only doing this for you," I state holding her waist.