The House Cup

Edited: 14 July 2020

Oliver's POV:

I caught up to Y/n as she walked to the dorms.

"Hey, Oliver! What's up?" Y/n asked.

"How's it going? How are you coping?" I ask.

"I'm doing good. It's nice to know you are here for me. I love you, Oliver," Y/n says. I lean over and kiss her forehead.

"Don't worry about it. I'll always be here," I respond.

"You have the House Cup today," Y/n warned.

"I know. I'll go get ready. I love you, babe," I respond kissing Y/n on the forehead before running to the locker room.

Y/n's POV:

"I love it when he does that!" I whisper-shout, skipping around. 'GOD! I sound like a lovesick puppy and I'm acting like a fool!' I think to myself. I run to get a seat in the bleachers.

Oliver's POV:

I looked at the team and solemnly nod. The team mounts their brooms and the door opens. We're against Hufflepuff and I hope we are better than them. One shriek of the whistle, and we're off. I fly to the goal posts and stand guard. I see Katie fighting to swerve the bludgers and score repeatedly. It was going fine until, a bludger was hit toward the stands. My breath caught.

Y/n's POV:

I was sitting and enjoying the game, the poor Hufflepuffs were getting beaten but it was a fair game. I turned to talk to a fellow classmate when there was screaming. I look up to see a ball careening its way toward me. I duck but it wasn't enough. It was as if it was chasing me. I quickly turn and run down the stairs and try dodging it as much as possible. "Why the HELL are you chasing me?!" I scream at the ball, like that would do anything. I see out of the corner of my eye Oliver flying with a bat. "Oliver! Shouldn't you be at the game?!" I shout while running.

"It's forfeited. The Hufflepuff players passed out. I don't know why the damn bludger is chasing you," Oliver shouts out. "Here get on this broom, I've got two." He throws I a broom and I scramble on.

"Oliver, you do know what you're doing?" I shout.

"I'm the Gryffindor captain. I know how to play on every position. I just happen to like keeper," Oliver shouts back. He swings the bat at the ball thing and it shoots away.

"Do you think it's jinxed?" I asked.

"I think it is. I wonder who," Oliver says. I was speeding up and started zigzagging over the field. The game was resuming, and the players were at one another's necks. I decided to lead the ball thingy into the forbidden forest.

"Wood! Get back on your position. L/n knows what she's doing!" Professor McGonagall shouted. I watch Oliver reluctantly fly back to the bubble maker sticks. I watch the blooder thing fly at me again. I try to fly off the field, but something was holding my broom back. I dove and swerved in and out of the stands when I see Flint-Marcus dude waving his wand. 'He's controlling the ball? I'll give him a taste of his own medicine,' I mentally grunt. I fly directly towards him. He ducks but points his wand at himself. The screaming ball heads straight for him and knocks him out. It then flies back on to the field. I was so happy that I found the culprit, I flew straight into a red and white pole and pass out.

Oliver's POV:

'Ah so it was Marcus. Why does he want to kill her?' I mentally worked out. I see Y/n fly into a goal post and collapse on to the sand. Once Elizabeth catches the snitch and I was able to land, I scooped up Y/n and carried her back to the infirmary. I start talking to myself to try to sooth my thoughts.

"So, this is what she felt when I was unconscious. Well, Y/n believe it or not, I heard what you said and that's what made me fall for you. I know that I sometimes come off as stand offish or rude so to know someone was in the hospital wing waiting for me to wake up really helped my recover quicken. I love you so much and I really can't lose you. Y/n please wake up!" I squeak. I get up and pace the room, only to rush back to Y/n's side to find her waking up.