Football Morning

Edited 14 July 2020

Oliver's POV:

I wake up listening to the soft snores of Y/n as she slept peacefully by my side. I smiled happily as I watched her with admiration. I love her so much that words cannot explain how. I lay there watching her chest rise and fall just reflecting on how happy I am to know and actually date her. 'I guess compared to love, Quidditch is really just another game,' I thought contently. Quidditch is fun to play but to her it's just a game and love is the best game to play because if played right, you'll always win and it's always an adventure. I grin happily and kiss her forehead gently as she stirs awake.

"Morning, beautiful," I say smiling.

"Mornin' what time is it?" She answers groggily. I glance at the clock and look back at her.

"Just turned ten hours and thirty minutes," I say.

"10:30? Am or Pm?" She says yawning.

"Morning, if it was in the night it would be twenty-two hours and thirty minutes," I respond.

"Ah, twenty-four hour counting, I see," she grumbles trudging to the bathroom. I turn and lie on my back and stare at the ceiling until she came out of the bathroom.

"Ready let's roll into something new!" I shout hopping out of bed.

Y/n's POV:

"Takin' its toll and I'm leaving without yooooooooou!" I yelled running out of the room down to the dining table.

"Hello dear," Angela says smiling at the scene before her. I turn around to see Oliver come panting up to me.

"Oliver, you know I don't run much but are you seriously out of breath?" I question.

"Do NOT question my motives!" Oliver says as he doubles over gasping for breath.

"Just wait I purchase a football ball and challenge you to a play off," I say smirking.

"What's football? And what is a play off?" Angela asks.

"Muggle sports and muggle sport terminology," I say taking a seat at the dining table.

I ran to the sports store down the block and by one of the soccer kits and run to Queen's Park. I seek out a free part of the parks green and set up the plastic goals. Then set them a good ten feet from each other marking the football field.

"What are those rectangular things with the white net attached to it?" Oliver asks, curiously poking the goals.

Oliver's POV:

"Like in Quidditch, you have bubble makers acting as the goal things. In football this are the goals. The point of the game is to kick the ball into the opponents goal. The side that has the most points is the winning team," Y/n explains. I grasp most of the game, but my head is spinning. A couple of teenagers walk up to us.

"Hey! Are you gonna have a round of football?" A girl asks me, and she has spiky black hair.

"Well, eventually. My boyfriend has never played, and I was teaching him to play," Y/n says putting an arm around my waist.

"Okay! Cool! Maybe he can sit out the first round and see the deal of it and jump in when he feels comfortable," a boy says with bombshell blue hair.

"Okay can you tell me you names?" Y/n asks addressing the group of eight. "I'm Y/n."

"I'm Jack," the girl who asked the question.

"I'm Max," the blue haired boy says.

"Mark," a boy says with dreadlocks.

"Phil," a boy says peering at us through a fringe of brown locks.

"Dan," a blue eyed and black-haired boy says.

"Sam," a girl says smiling.

"I'm Jessi!" A girl shouts. She has blonde hair.

"I'm John," a skinny boy say grinning happily.

"I'm Oliver," I say, introducing myself.

"Nice ta meetcha!" Jessi says giving me a high-five.

"Ready?" Y/n asks.