How To Be An Animagus

A/n: Do NOT try the concoction at home. It is strictly fiction not an at home project. It will not work. You are also a fox, to match with Oliver's Patronus. Edited 14 July 2020

Y/n's POV:

After lunch it was time for Professor McGonagall's class. I walked in and saw Animagus written on the board. We had all covered the topic in our third year. I raised my hand as Professor McGonagall walked by.

"Yes, Ms. L/n?" She asks.

"What's your Animagus?" I asked.

"Meow!" A marble tabby cat responds.

"Interesting, so how does one become an Animagus?" I ask.

"Meow, hiss, *stiffens*, *tail twitches*, and *sniffs*," the tabby responded.

"Okay, I need: a mandrake leaf held in ones mouth for a month, a crushed leg bone of the animal I will turn into, I am required to take a test on what my personality reflects, the ten drops of the blood of the living animal, four hairs of the animal, four hairs of myself, ten drops of my blood and that's it. Mix it together and Y/n, make it during potions today. The rest of the class should wait until I give permission. Leave the leaf for last. Any questions?" I decipher as the rest of the class hurriedly scribbles down notes. I watch the cat nod as I said aloud the instructions.

"Good now Y/n, I'd like to talk to you," Professor McGonagall says once the bell rings. I nod and stay back as I watch the girls in Oliver's fan club flank his side. I roll my eyes and turn to the professor.

"I would like you to become an Animagus because I have a very important task for you next year to do and I need to know if you will be able to become one," she says.

"Uh okay, may I ask why?" I ask.

"You just did but because there is going to be a difficult year as your last so do be careful. Start it today in your next potions class. You have my permission," Professor McGonagall says shoving you out the door. I took the test and the outcome was my Animagus was a fox. I then scavenge the campus during my lunch break for the leg bone and then a live fox.

"What in your bag?" Oliver asks.

"Nothing important, why?" I ask shrugging.

"Because it's moving. Are you sure it's nothing?" Oliver persists as he tries to shake off his fan girls.

"Um, that's for me to know and you never to find out. K?" I say getting nervous and slipping into the potions dungeon.

"Excuse me, L/n, but you are quite early. Why?" Professor Snape says.

"I have permission from Professor Mc-" I start.

"I know that it was a rhetorical question," Snape snapped.

"Ok, may I start?" I ask.

"What is the difference between foxsbane and monkshood?" Snape said.

"They are the same root and they are also called aconite. Also, before you ask, wormwood and asphodel make the living death potion and the bezoar is a stone that'll save you from most poisons. It's also taken from the stomach of a goat. Now may I proceed?" I ask impatiently.

"I assure you do not fail," Snape says.

"Okay then, I'll start." I quickly crush the leg bone of a fox. Then put it into my cauldron. Then I pull four hairs out of the live fox and empty it into the cauldron. I then cut a small gash the animal and let ten drops of blood fall into the cauldron as well as ten drops of my own. I healed the fox with some healing balm. I mixed it together with an incantation that praises the animal and why I want to be bonded with it. I let that rest for a month.