Ending Year Seven

Oliver's POV:

So, she's related to McGonagall, hmm. I wonder...I thought to myself. I take Y/n's hand and walk out.

"Oliver, please don't tell anyone about what your heard. It's personal and you're missing a piece of it too. I'll tell you later," Y/n says.

"I promise I won't tell. You do know how to perform the patronus spell right?" I asked.

"Yes, I do," Y/n says.

"That's good," I say nervously.

Y/n's POV:

Oliver's hands were shaking so much I really considered Oliver might drop his wand accidentally.

"Oliver, it's okay," I say gently.

"I-I know," Oliver sighs taking a breath.

"Just for the record, I can take care of myself," I say.

"Don't wear yourself out though," Oliver persists.

"You worry too much," I state.

"Hey! It shows I care!" Oliver protests.

"Dude, if that means you care, then that means you care too much," you state.

"I'd rather care too much then not at all," Oliver persists.

"Love you, now, let's go kick dementor ass," I say.

"You're impossible," Oliver whines.

"Oh Merlin, look!" I hiss pointing at a cluster of dementors around the frozen lake.

"Three...two...one..." Oliver whispers.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Oliver and I bellow at the dementors. They scatter revealing a passed-out Harry and Sirius. Once the ghostly silver fox and Oliver's fox charged at the dementors, they dance around in a playful manner. They may be guardians, but I saw how much I needed Oliver and he did too reflected, in the actions of the patronuses.

"Wingardium leviosa!" I hiss over both fallen figures. The figures float up and were easy to carry back to the school.

"You know, I pity the dementors. I mean they live and thrive on happy emotions because probably it gets dull and depressing to be a dementor," I say quietly.

"I dunno, the world is better off without them," Oliver says grumpily.

"Okay Mr. Grumpy-Face, let's get these poor people into the infirmary. Heaven knows they've suffered enough," I say gently.

Once you made it back to the infirmary, you see Ron just waking up and Harry and Hermione resting on the beds. I realize Sirius is gone and Harry teleported to the bed.

"Oi! My head!" Ron whines.

"We did it!" Harry says pumping his fist.

"Did what?" I asked.

"Oh! Nothing!" Hermione says punching Harry in the arm.

"Sirius escaped!" Snape was shouting in the hall.

"Don't worry about it. It probably wasn't his time," I soothe.

"No! It was his time! He shouldn't have disappeared!" Snape persists.

"I'm going to go find Lupin," I say breaking off.

"I'm coming too!" Oliver says latching on.

"No, you're a human, if he's not well he could attack you!" I plead.

"Same as you! I don't want you to get hurt!" Oliver whines.

"You've forgotten, haven't you," I say trying break free from Oliver's vice-like grip.

"You leave me with no choice, Oliver. I'm sorry," I growl. I use my other hand to both slap and backhand Oliver across the face. Oliver uses both hands to hold his cheeks. I take the opportune moment to scramble out and change into fox and follow Lupin's scent. It leads you to a clearing where I find a frightened werewolf curled into a ball whimpering. I saw tears glistening in the moon light on the sides of his muzzle as he cried.

"Mr. Lupin?" I asked timidly.

"Wh-why does n-no one like m-me. A-am I th-that d-dangerous?" Lupin howled.

"Lupin! Everyone loves you! They've all said you were their favourite teacher!" I blurt out.

"Y-yeah they do. A-as a human," Lupin cries harder. I scoot closer. I transform into a human and rub his back. That action transformed Lupin back into a human and he rested his head on your shoulder sobbing.

"Mr. Lupin, you are gonna be okay," I soothe.

"They all like me in my tame human form but no one likes me in my werewolf form!" Lupin frets.

"That's nonsense! If they didn't like you, then why did James and Sirius stay by your side during transformations?" I asked.

"Th-they pitied me," Lupin whined.

"Well, I don't think that's true, but I don't pity you. In fact, I think you're the bravest werewolf I've ever known. It's tough trying to fit in, but I think you're so brave to do so. I really admire you," I say gently as Lupin starts to hiccup.

"Th-thank you," Lupin says smiling and wiping his eyes.

"Now, let's go back to the school okay? Or are you still in transformation?" I ask.

"No, I'm good. Let's go," Lupin says taking my hand as we both begin the trek back to Hogwarts.