Behind the Fake Smile Cp31

I lay on the floor with my legs straight up against the wall. I was stared at the ceiling, half listening to Michael's constant whines on how much homework and revision he had. I loved him and everything but lately it's all that he and a ton of other people seem to talk about. It's like there's nothing else in the world to talk about and you'd think that they would want to get their mind of it but no. They like to think and whine about the load of work that they have to put in to get those pesky grades that they need in the future.

"Michael, if you have so much work to do then just go home and do it!"

As soon as I said it I regretted it. I sat up quickly, wide-eyed, and put my hand over my mouth.

"I never meant-" I shook my head.

"It's fine," he shook his head meekly. "I know I must be irritating you now, I've been talking about it for god knows how long."

"It was still rude of me," I said in a quiet voice, looking everywhere but his eyes.

"Shut up Anna," he laughed. "Want to play Sonic?"

We played Sonic Heroes together for quite some time, the rain started falling lightly on the tree house. I had never been in the tree house whilst it rained and it made such a magnificent sound... a soothing melody. I paused the game and grinned, still listening intently.

"You are so weird," Michael laughed at my expression.

"Be quiet," I whispered and punched him harder than I had planned making him shout out in pain. The symphony of rain patting the wood gently filled the tree house. A shout escaped my lips as a sudden downpour fell deafening both Michael and I. We both hurried to look out the window and the rain was slanting slightly to the right, hitting the ground with a harsh force that it had a small splash back before contributing to a potential puddle. I looked at Michael expectantly, my face glowing with excitement.

"No Anna," he shook his head. "It's too hard and it's cold and you'll get ill."

"Well if you're not going to do it that doesn't mean that I'm not!" I laughed gleefully quickly taking my shoes and socks off and donning my black leather jacket.

"You're going to slip and fall Anna."

I ignored him.

"You're going to ruin your clothes," he sang.

I ignored him again.

"Joanne Alker you are not going through the window in this weather," he stood in front of the only exit.

"Michael move!"

He remained in the same place and folded his arms.

"I'll pick you up if you aren't careful," I warned.

He raised an eyebrow. "Anna, you're five foot one- if that. I'm at least five, seven so I'd like to see you try."

He had a point, he was considerably taller than me but I'm not giving up. This was the perfect opportunity. If I tried this at home everyone, except maybe John, would restrain me. At least with Michael I had a chance.

"I'll hurt you," I smiled having more confidence in this threat.

He put his legs together and stood stubbornly still. I clenched my hand into a small fist and hit him in the stomach hard, winding him. I took this to my advantage and pushed him to the floor where he lay curled up in a ball nursing his stomach and catching his breath.

Slowly and carefully, I climbed down the tree praying that I don't fall or stumble. I looked up and immediately rain hit my eyes blinding me. Squinting up now, I could see someone else climbing down as well. I started to climb down faster and soon reached the bottom.