Behind the Fake Smile Cp13

The bright sunlight streamed through room waking me up. I opened my eyes and quickly shut them once again, my eyes felt heavy and I didn't want to get out of bed so I just lay in bed with my eyes closed. I heard footsteps and presumed that it was Lizzie, I then heard a door open and close then followed shortly by the sound of water. I don't have an en-suite. I thought to myself. My eyes opened again and I sat up in bed, blinking in the bright sunlight. I looked around, this was definitely not my bedroom, I've never actually seen this room before.

Then I remembered last night. I didn't know what happened. I've been drinking coke the whole time- right?  I got out of the bed too quickly and saw black spots, once the spots had cleared, a raging headache took it's place.

I scrambled towards the bathroom door but it was locked. Oh yeah, someone went in. It must have been about noon by now, surely mum and dad would have realised that I've been gone.

I groaned, I need to go home and sleep.

The bathroom door opened and out stood a very wet and naked Adam with only a light blue towel hanging low around his waist.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed and covered my whole body with the blanket by throwing myself backwards towards the pillows and bringing the blanket with me so that half the bed had no blanket.

Adam laughed and I could hear him walking about the room.

Keeping my eyes closed, I went under that covers and waited for him to change. When did I go home with Adam. What the hell was I doing in Adam's bedroom? I felt my body. I still had clothes on so nothing happened. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"You can come out now," a voice outside the blanket said. I threw it off me and I felt the pleasent cold air touch my hot skin.

"Why am I here?" I saw Adam sitting on the a blanket on the floor, that must have been where he slept last night. I felt bad. I took his bed and he slept on the floor with only a pillow and a thin blanket.

"You were drunk," he laughed.

"What did I do? I can't remember a thing last night."

"What was the last thing that you remember?"

I thought for a while. "I remember you getting me a drink and that was about it."

He grinned to himself.

"What did I do?" I asked and prepared myself for the worse.

"You jumped in the swimming pool. You danced. You drank. I think you would have done a lot worse if I hadn't brought you here after you decided to go for a swim," he chuckled lightly.

"Please tell me I was fully clothed when I jumped in."

He nodded. "But after that, your dress was soaked so I changed you into some old sweats and a top of mine."

I felt myself going scarlet. Adam saw me in my underwear.

"My mum," I gasped. "She doesn't know that I'm here," I scrambled out of bed, stumbling slightly.

"Relax. I texted Lizzie that you were too drunk to go home and that you'll be spending the night here. She said that it was fine and thanked me for letting her know."

I swung my legs off the bed and when I sat up quickly, as soon as I did I clutched my head in pain and groaned. Adam watched me from the floor in amusement.

"Your head feels heavy right," he stood up and sat down next to me. "And you've got a horrible headache... right?"

I nodded.

He put his arm around me. "That, Anna. Is a hangover and judging by your state I'm going to guess it's your first," he laughed.

"Whatever," I stood up. "I need to get changed," I scooped up my damp dress from last night and went in the bathroom to change. I decided against a shower and though it was better to get home as quickly as I could. I walked out and although the dress had dried a bit, it was still extremely clingy. I walked out and Adam's eyes widened and then he smirked.

"Want me to take you home?"

"I think I'll be fine. I'll see you later," I walked out the door but then paused and turned around. "Thank you by the way." I left the bedroom but then I went back. "Where are my shoes?" I asked.

"Oh, you threw them somewhere. I tried to find them but I just couldn't," he laughed.

I nodded slowly, silently reprimanding myself and ran down the streets, barefoot, home. It was a long and painful journey. I lost count of how many stones unforgivably stabbed at my already sore feet. I arrived at home out of breath and came in the way I went out, through the window and silently, I changed into pyjamas and threw the dress at the bottom of my wardrobe so that mum wouldn't find it.